As the world’s largest retailer of pre-owned bicycles, we’re passionate about helping cyclists find their next great ride—and making sure high quality bikes keep rolling. We believe that every bike has a next owner, and that we all benefit when we keep more bikes on roads and trails. Some call it “recommerce.” Some call it “the circular economy.” We call it common sense. We created our innovative Certified Pre-Owned bike process, where our expert mechanics meticulously inspect every part on every bike to ensure that high-quality bikes stay in motion longer. We obsessively curate our ever-evolving new and pre-owned inventory, including frames, components and wheels. We track the market and technical trends, and only take the bikes that meet our exacting standards. Our process evolves with the cyclist, from Certified Pre-Owned bikes, to risk-free 30-day returns, to our Guaranteed Buyback program. TPC. We’re changing the way cyclists buy bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
This is a seasonal part-time position, with various 8 hr. shifts available between 10am - 6:30pm on Tuesday - Sunday. Need to commit to a minimum of 2 shifts/weekly. The seasonal role is expected to end October 27th.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Retail Bicycle Technician, you have the opportunity to provide the best in class customer service and work on the highest quality of bikes across all years, makes and models. To be successful in this role you have a high level of expertise and are excited to resolve advanced issues. While you will be primarily staffed in our retail setting, you will also flex into the Certified pre-owned bicycle refurbishment operation as business needs dictate.
At The Pro’s Closet, you enjoy the workload of a bike shop with the pace of a startup that fosters a unique culture of empowerment. You are part of a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do and plays a part in the disruption of the bike industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Consult with customers and make appropriate recommendations based on your comprehensive technical knowledge
- Provide information about warranties, manufacturing specifications, care, and maintenance of bikes
- Drive sales by effectively uncovering the customer’s needs and presenting appropriate service offerings
- Effectively write service tickets to prepare bicycles for processing
- Support customers through amended and failed offers in our 'Sell Your Bike' process due to product arriving that does not comply with TPC standards
- Evaluate and validate bicycle returns against cause code to assess re-stocking fees and assign optimal processing path
- Advanced technical skills will consistent of identifying and sourcing component replacement, brake bleeds, bearing installation, suspension diagnostics, truing wheels, tubeless tire installation, derailleur tuning/adjustment, electronic components, E-Bikes, and final quality control check
- Work cleanly, efficiently, and communicate in a professional manner with customers and co-workers
- Start and end the day completing tasks that help set you up for success such as managing inventory, cleaning, and closing out tickets
- 3 - 5 years of previous professional bike mechanic experience required
- You have a strong knowledge of bikes frames, wheels and components across different years, makes and models
- You have strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere
- You are comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment
- You are great with computers and are used to having multiple browser windows at the same time
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. Also must have stamina to stand 10 hrs./day
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $23-25/hr., depending on experience
- 401k with generous company matching
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- In-person: This role is 100% in-person at our Louisville, CO location.
- Monthly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, gender expression, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.