The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest and most trusted brand for pre-owned bikes. We purchase new and pre-owned bikes and accessories from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals. Each bike undergoes a rigorous Certified Pre-Owned inspection and top-to-bottom service to ensure every bike is delivered in next-to-new condition. Our innovative Buyback Guarantee gives customers full transparency by offering guaranteed trade-in values for 18 months after purchase. With hundreds of bikes to choose from, we offer the world’s largest and most diverse selection of high-quality road, mountain, gravel, cyclocross, triathlon, and e-bikes, as well as a full line of parts, accessories and apparel. We are experiencing phenomenal growth, and on the lookout for highly talented, like-minded people who want to take part in our mission: to change the way people buy and sell bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
**$1,000 Sign On Bonus + Relocation Available**
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Customer Associate at The Pro’s Closet, you will bring personal and engaging customer service through our curbside and courier pick-up and drop-off offerings. You will work closely with consumers and other TPC departments to create an exceptional customer experience, maintaining a positive and helpful attitude. As part of a small, dynamic team, your flexibility and willingness to help, will play a key part in TPC’s mission to disrupt the bike industry. You will be part of a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your technical experience across the highest quality of bikes spanning all years, makes, and models. You are a people person, and are able to uncover all the customer’s needs through conversation, and using your product knowledge and cycling experience to build the perfect solution while driving sales.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide world class customer pick-up and drop-off experience at our headquarters in Louisville, CO or on the road using our courier service
- Assemble and verify safety for bikes that are sold according to our certified pre-owned processing standards
- Assist customers with product, compatibility, and fit questions for our entire online catalog
- Drive sales by effectively uncovering the customer’s needs and presenting appropriate range solutions
- Communicate positively about the brand at all times, be a TPC Ambassador and bring to life our core values
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose technical customer inquiries and resolve or escalate appropriately
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software i.e. scheduling software, POS, and customer messaging systems
- 2 - 3 years of experience working in the cycling industry on the retail, service, and/or manufacturer side
- You have a deep technical bike and component knowledge
- You consider yourself a “people person” and have strong people skills; a good communicator, approachable and engaging
- You have a proven track record of delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations
- You are able to remain flexible and agile to meet business needs
- Must be comfortable with weekend hours
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. regularly. Also must have stamina to stand 8 hrs./day
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $21 - $24/hr. depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.