The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest and most trusted brand for pre-owned bikes. We purchase new and pre-owned bikes and accessories from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals. Each bike undergoes a rigorous Certified Pre-Owned inspection and top-to-bottom service to ensure every bike is delivered in next-to-new condition. Our innovative Buyback Guarantee gives customers full transparency by offering guaranteed trade-in values for 18 months after purchase. With hundreds of bikes to choose from, we offer the world’s largest and most diverse selection of high-quality road, mountain, gravel, cyclocross, triathlon, and e-bikes, as well as a full line of parts, accessories and apparel. We are experiencing phenomenal growth, and on the lookout for highly talented, like-minded people who want to take part in our mission: to change the way people buy and sell bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Pro’s Closet is searching for an experienced Quality Manager to join our Operations team! In this role you will be responsible for the Quality Assurance of all production processes within Operations and ensuring they meet our TPC Certified Pre-Owned standards. You will work closely with Operations leaders and teams to design quality controls that balance a high-quality outcome for our customers, while maintaining operational efficiency. To be successful in this role you are able to effectively translate the end result for our customers into scalable Ops processes that are simplified to efficiently measure quality by process step through data and root cause analysis to drive continuous improvement. This highly collaborative role is production based, where you can solve a multitude of problems and help us close the gap on operational challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own and develop TPC’s Quality Assurance program including, Quality Management System (QMS) management/revision and working closely with the Ops team to communicate and resolve defects
- Manage the QMS to accurately log, track, and report on internal and external defects
- Prepare product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends for daily/weekly/monthly internal and external defects
- Use defect data to identify root cause and lead implementation of corrective actions
- Work closely with CX, Analytics, and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure Ops processes provide the best outcome in the eyes of the customer
- Develop and maintain quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures
- Communicate the state of quality to the company and executive leadership
- Maintain systems that provide input into operator training and quality performance, by partnering with Ops managers/supervisors and centralized training
- Create and implement a strategy for in-process product inspection standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, quality management, manufacturing management, engineering, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in quality assurance or manufacturing
- Demonstrated performance improving defect rate within an operations environment
- ISO 9000 or similar certification is a bonus
- You have an in-depth understanding of quality control procedures and systems: QMS, statistical process control, root cause analysis, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma practices/certification is a plus
- Proven track record of producing detailed, data-driven reports using analysis and statistical methods
- You are an effective communicator who keeps cool under the pressures of a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- You have strong organizational skills and rarely miss the small stuff
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. Also must have stamina to stand 8 hrs./day
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $65-90k annually, depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.