The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest and most trusted brand for pre-owned bikes. We purchase new and pre-owned bikes and accessories from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals. Each bike undergoes a rigorous Certified Pre-Owned inspection and top-to-bottom service to ensure every bike is delivered in next-to-new condition. Our innovative Buyback Guarantee gives customers full transparency by offering guaranteed trade-in values for 18 months after purchase. With hundreds of bikes to choose from, we offer the world’s largest and most diverse selection of high-quality road, mountain, gravel, cyclocross, triathlon, and e-bikes, as well as a full line of parts, accessories and apparel. We are experiencing phenomenal growth, and on the lookout for highly talented, like-minded people who want to take part in our mission: to change the way people buy and sell bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
ABOUT THE JOB:
TPC is looking for a dedicated in-house, Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our growing people team. In this role, you will be responsible for executing recruiting initiatives while sourcing and attracting talented candidates. You will work with colleges, trade schools, and community partners to cultivate long-term relationships in an effort to lead recruiting events and hire top talent. This is a great opportunity to be a critical member of a high-performing team that is responsible for fueling the growth of TPC.
To be successful in this role you have a deep understanding of the full cycle recruiting process and understand how to build effective partnerships with leaders within TPC and in the community. You consider yourself a problem-solver that comes to the table with solutions and excitement to promote the TPC brand. You are able to move fast and keep track of many details while maintaining open communication with our leaders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Full cycle recruiting from new position creation and approval through employee onboarding
- Build and execute a divisional outreach strategy designed to establish a pipeline applicants, build and maintain effective relationships with key partners, and drive internal awareness of our career opportunities
- Collaborate with department managers to understand job requirements for each position and then write specific, attractive job descriptions that ask for the candidates we want to attract
- Post and manage all open requisition, working with managers to usher candidates through the hiring process without missing a timely follow up
- Sort through resumes and source candidates for hard to fill roles
- Candidate screens: assess applicants' knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions, but more importantly ensure culture fit and integrity prior to passing them to hiring managers
- Manage and establish relationships with external recruiters, partnerships, and contract employment agencies
- Gain commitment, not just compliance with internal stakeholders to adhere toward established hiring process
- Manage existing internship programs, and help build future programs that help bring a diverse workforce into the cycling industry
- Work with People Team to help successfully onboard new employees, understanding that after the right hire, a strong onboarding process is your best retention tool
- Maintain a pulse on our industry and develop your knowledge of the current marketplace and trends to ensure industry leading hiring methodologies
- Stay up-to-date on current employment legislation and regulations as it applies to recruiting and hiring
- Provide recruiting data reporting to leadership and team managers on a regular basis
- Ability and desire to step in and assist in other areas of HR as needed as we grow our team
- A bachelor's degree in HR, Marketing or other applicable field
- 2+ years in full-cycle recruiting, ideally in high growth environments and a broad range or roles
- Experience in recruiting both hourly and salaried roles
- You are extremely detail oriented, have excellent communication (written and verbal), are very responsive, and remain calm under deadlines
- You believe that relationships are everything in recruiting
- You have the ability to work independently, make good decisions, and ask if you don’t know
- Strong desire to build and constantly nurture our hiring brand
- A working knowledge of employment law and how it impacts hiring
- Bonus points for experience with Greenhouse ATS
- Must be comfortable with travel during peak recruitment periods, less than 10%
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $65-85k, depending on your experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- WFH Flexible: Some of team is remote, but office in Louisville has flex space
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.