The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest and most trusted brand for pre-owned bikes. We purchase new and pre-owned bikes and accessories from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals. Each bike undergoes a rigorous Certified Pre-Owned inspection and top-to-bottom service to ensure every bike is delivered in next-to-new condition. Our innovative Buyback Guarantee gives customers full transparency by offering guaranteed trade-in values for 18 months after purchase. With hundreds of bikes to choose from, we offer the world’s largest and most diverse selection of high-quality road, mountain, gravel, cyclocross, triathlon, and e-bikes, as well as a full line of parts, accessories and apparel. We are experiencing phenomenal growth, and on the lookout for highly talented, like-minded people who want to take part in our mission: to change the way people buy and sell bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a motivated Pre-Pack Associate to join our growing pre-pack department. You will be responsible for packaging bikes, frames, and wheels for shipment to customers. We will provide on the job training to teach you how to apply protective packaging in accordance with company standards, while maintaining a clean, safe, and organized work environment. To be successful in this position you must remain flexible and have a willingness to help our dynamic team environment in any way possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach
- Follow company procedures to carefully package bikes, frames, and wheels in preparation for shipment using a variety of packaging materials
- A valid driver's license may be required as this position may assist with inventory transfers between our Longmont and Boulder locations
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment with the guidance of the Supervisor. This includes stocking boxes and shipping supplies, cleaning and organizing shipping and bicycle tools, and cleaning/sweeping the work area
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software
- Assist in additional tasks to support other departments as needed
- In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy, and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- You have excellent verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with bicycles is a plus but not required
- You possess strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse atmosphere
- A passion for working in a high-growth business is critical as the pace and expectations of the culture require a commitment to excellence
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. Also must have stamina to stand 8 hrs./day
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $17-$19/hr. depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.