The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest and most trusted brand for pre-owned bikes. We purchase new and pre-owned bikes and accessories from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals. Each bike undergoes a rigorous Certified Pre-Owned inspection and top-to-bottom service to ensure every bike is delivered in next-to-new condition. Our innovative Buyback Guarantee gives customers full transparency by offering guaranteed trade-in values for 18 months after purchase. With hundreds of bikes to choose from, we offer the world’s largest and most diverse selection of high-quality road, mountain, gravel, cyclocross, triathlon, and e-bikes, as well as a full line of parts, accessories and apparel. We are experiencing phenomenal growth, and on the lookout for highly talented, like-minded people who want to take part in our mission: to change the way people buy and sell bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a motivated Intake Bicycle Technician to join our growing operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for expertly unpacking and assembling a large variety of high-end bikes, frames, wheels, and components. You will also be responsible for the cleaning of these bikes to ensure that every bike meets our Certified Pre-Owned Standards. We will provide on-the-job training to teach the basics of bike assembling/cleaning and provide a career path to continue your growth with The Pro’s Closet. To be successful in this position you must remain flexible, learn quickly, have a strong work ethic, and have a willingness to help our dynamic team environment in any way possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach
- Follow company procedures to carefully unpackage bikes, frames, and wheels and safely separate packaging material
- Inspecting and assembling incoming bikes
- Cleaning of bikes, frames and wheels
- Removal and reinstallation of bike components
- Operating automatic parts washer to clean bike components
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment
- Assist in additional tasks to support other departments as needed
- You have strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere
- You are comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. Also must have stamina to stand 8 hrs./day
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $17-19/hr. depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.