Out of an abundance of caution for the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are offering a completely virtual hiring process; this means all your interview steps will be completed via phone or video meeting. We also offer work from home, with the understanding that in the future this role may transition to an in-office, onsite position. While our day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Who We're Looking For - Branded Content Editor/Writer
Do you have experience writing and editing branded content for a media company or agency? Can you climb into the mind of readers and use data to develop creative, effective, useful articles that convert for our clients? If so, the Branded Content Editor/Writer position at The Penny Hoarder may be the role for you! In this role, you will plan, organize, write and edit content for our website and other platforms to help readers with their personal finances and to help clients build their businesses. We are looking for someone who is equal parts writer, editor, and organizer. You’ll assist the lead Branded Content Editor and work closely with the revenue team to hit our goals and grow our business.
What You'll Do
- Collaborates with the lead editor to organize and guide the work of the branded content team
- Analyze revenue and audience analytics and uses insights to suggest content changes, content ideas, and innovative new approaches
- Applies knowledge of platform standard methodologies to optimize content for revenue
- Uses persuasive copywriting tactics to convert, such as showing an offer’s unique value, ease of use, trustworthiness, element of surprise, etc.
- Edits and writes branded content in a useful, engaging, non-salesy way that leads to strong click-through rates
- Brings a collaborative approach to the editing process; instead of just rewriting, engages in a productive give-and-take with writers, resulting in stories that maintain voice
- Coordinates content and promotion with colleagues
What You Need
- 3-5 years of professional experience editing and writing in media and journalism
- Experience with branded content
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics and/or other analytics platforms
- A strong understanding of our business model, including the functions and revenue goals of other teams and their platforms
- An advanced understanding of performance marketing and branded content strategies
- Leads by example by using The Penny Hoarder values in everyday decision-making: courageous, innovative, respectful, selfless, accountable
- Accepts responsibility for team performance; easily tracks and communicates their team’s results to senior leadership
- Builds systems and processes that help their team be more efficient
- Seeks and readily implements feedback from team members, as well as other leaders across the organization
- Converts projects into specific tasks and schedules. Helps individual employees set goals that help the department and company move forward
- Has a high level of self-awareness and treats feedback as an opportunity for growth; proactively applies it beyond the instance where it’s given.
- Able to provide feedback to others effectively and with positive intent
- Swiftly and efficiently changes tasks and priorities to fit the needs of the company. Knows when to abandon projects that are no longer priorities, even if some of the work was already completed.
About The Penny Hoarder
The Penny Hoarder is one of the nation’s largest personal finance websites. We envision a world with less money stress. Our mission is simple: to empower people to make smart choices with their money. We do this by sharing meaningful and inspirational advice, and resources about how to make, save and manage money. The Penny Hoarder’s team is headquartered in the beautiful and walkable downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. For more information, visit: http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive benefits package
- Generous vacation program
- 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Communications stipend
*If you found this job on a site other than ours, please navigate to our website to apply, so you can answer our application questions. You can read more about what it’s like to work with us at http://thepennyhoarder.com/careers.
*The Penny Hoarder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Penny Hoarder are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. The Penny Hoarder will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage all qualified people to apply.