The Outline is looking for a senior developer who is passionate about building the future of news.
We’re a small, collaborative team of developers, designers, and editors building an app-like experience on the open web with a focus on great journalism, bold design, and a custom advertising platform.
If you’re a developer who is obsessed with visual storytelling and building world-class products using modern web technologies, come build beautiful things with us.
You might enjoy this position if:
- You want to work closely with designers and journalists
- You are interested in journalism or you have worked with a news organization before
- You are comfortable owning and shipping large, public-facing projects
- You are excited to build editorial tools and interactive stories
Technologies we use:
- Our styles are driven by SCSS using BEM and ITCSS principles
- Our back-end is Elixir/Phoenix
If you’re looking at the above and wondering if you are qualified, please apply. Most of what makes a programmer fit well on a team can’t be reduced to a list of skills or experience. If this job sounds interesting and the work that we do is compelling, we’d love to talk to you.
This is a full-time, on-site position in New York City and reports to the CTO.