The Org is the world’s biggest network of public org charts. We empower start-up leaders to show off their team, attract more talent, and build a better organization. Our mission is to make organizations more transparent because we believe that transparency will lead to a more connected and equitable professional community. You can learn more about The Org here.
The Role: Content Marketing Manager
As Content Marketing Manager on the Marketing Team, you will have a direct impact on company growth by managing our long-term content strategy and how we execute it. This means setting monthly and quarterly goals, and working with other marketing team stakeholders to strategize, brief and regularly publish content, run content tests and expand content types to hit growth targets.
You will be project managing a wide variety of weekly outputs for our brand - from newsletters to our SEO guides, editorial and sales enablement content - and experiment with growth opportunities that you run on the side. And you will be hands on, writing copy for many touch-points between our brand and the world. You will in many ways be the official voice of The Org and our exciting new brand, uniting the traditional streams of “content” and “marketing” under one umbrella.
This is not only an opportunity to learn new skills on a new, cross-functional team, but also to achieve tangible results for your work and build on your success with experienced designers, copywriters, strategists, analysts and marketers. You will be hands-on executing the content strategy and writing daily to push our new brand voice to the highest standards.
What you will do:
- Define and lead The Org’s content strategy, and content calendar, based on the future of work and employer branding topics
- Manage a global team of freelance writers - assigning, editing and supervising them - to achieve word count goals, as well as publish content optimized for business KPIs (SEO traffic and sign-up conversion)
- Work closely with our SEO team to research, devise and implement high-performing search driven content to drive increased monthly site traffic
- Own, manage, and execute content creation for demand generation including landing pages, webinars, video testimonials and other related assets
- Lead our newsletter strategy from a-to-z, including weekly copywriting and production, growth experiments, featured content, and analytics
- Write and edit product announcements, company updates, as well as executive ghostwriting and editing for medium- and long-form content from company leadership
- Experiment with content automation tools and innovations in how we produce and release content to hit and exceed key growth targets
- Run social media distribution for The Org’s content of all types, primarily on LinkedIn, Facebook and (when relevant) TikTok
- Act as our company-wide lead editor on all content that is published, on all media types, for The Org’s digital identity, including brand voice and copywriting
- Write your own inspiring thought leadership content that will be featured on our platform about the future of work
Who you are:
We are seeking someone who brings a wealth of experience writing and running content marketing initiatives, who is excited to take on a challenge at the ground-level of a high growth company aiming to redefine the future of work. You should have experience and be excited about devising content marketing strategies, writing and editing great articles. You should be curious about the future of work, employer branding, and how companies and peoples’ relationships to them are changing.
- 4+ years of marketing experience in high growth startups or fast-moving companies, with a content portfolio you are proud of
- Strong familiarity with B2B sales enablement content (including having written and produced ebooks, whitepapers, case studies, testimonials, webinars and more)
- Motivation to create content marketing hits. The right piece can 100x the traffic. You’ve done this before
- Experienced editor having managed writers and their content calendars in previous roles
- Expertise in crafting marketing personas and targeting them with personalized content
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEO optimization with a focus on using content to scale SEO entrances
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Generous paid parental leave
- Professional development budget, wellbeing subsidy, commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with an outdoor terrace
- Lunches and a fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Read more about our benefits here
Do the dishes: We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes.
Go for it!: We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
Be a contrarian: We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
Hygge: A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
Learn out loud: We work transparently, dare to be vulnerable, and own our imperfections. Learning from each other builds a strong common ground from which everyone can grow together.
- Curious to see who you will be working with? Meet the team right here: https://bit.ly/3ygWVTo
- Check out our public employee handbook to learn more about The Org: https://bit.ly/3yjhIWl
- This role is expected to be an L3 non-technical NYC position. Please see our salary ranges here: https://bit.ly/3CyJhgF
- If you have any questions about the role or the company, please feel free to reach out to the hiring manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Org is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company supports diversity and inclusion in its core values and does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law or local ordinance. When necessary, the company will reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities if the person is otherwise qualified to safely perform all of the essential functions of the position. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.