The Orchard is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team.
What You'll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team to improve products that empower artists and record labels across the globe
- Support all tiers and aspects of our architecture and systems
- Write clean, tested, and maintainable code
- Work closely with other engineers and product support to identify issue patterns and develop solutions
- Design, communicate, and execute a vision in collaboration with your team and other teams across the technology organization
- Mentor more junior engineers and contribute to a culture of continuous learning
Who You Are
- Comfortable working with mature distributed systems
- Willing to dig into perplexing problems
- Proficient in diagnosing and debugging issues
- Experienced architecting and implementing complex systems
- Driven to make hidden things clear and unmeasured things known
- Frontend technologies such as Typescript, React, and GraphQL
- Data stores are MySQL, Neo4j, and Snowflake
- We’re in the AWS cloud using Lambdas, S3, SQS, Step Functions, and more
- Some of our systems use PHP, Flask, and SQLAlchemy
- We manage infrastructure via Terraform, so exposure to that is a plus
- Our primary monitoring and logging platforms are Datadog and Sentry
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience using log analysis to investigate bugs and performance issues
- Hands-on monitoring strategy design and implementation
- Experience with data modeling and database schema design
What We Offer You
- An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and creative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.