Based in Amsterdam, this role focuses on the development and management of an assigned roster of labels at the industry's leading independent music distributor and label services company. The position will act as a relationship, strategy, sales and marketing manager for key labels and retail accounts in The Benelux. This person should have a strong passion, knowledge, network and excitement for independent music and label development, an understanding of the current retail landscape and opportunities, experience with metadata best practices, a creative spirit and solid communication skills.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists and labels. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
- Manage relationships with distributed music clients across a variety of genres, including high touch frontline and high volume catalog labels.
- Manage day-to-day retail relationships and present marketing pitches to all local digital music services in The Benelux, following established Orchard pitch process.
- Liaise with various internal departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management, to ensure all client and retail partner business needs are met.
- Utilize The Orchard’s internal data and analytics tools to inform marketing and sales decisions
- Ensure the global sales and marketing organization has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases
- Manage local client release communication and logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems.
- Lead in business reviews with assigned priority labels
- Support operational needs of local Artist Services managed campaigns as needed
- Act as local industry representative.
- Strong experience and understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape.
- Passion for independent music and label / artist development
- Excellent internal and external communication skills (both written and verbal) and professional diplomacy
- Marketing and pr experience across digital and physical platforms
- Experience in setting up digital ad campaigns / consulting labels and artists on how to use digital advertising
- Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize to tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the music retail landscape and best practices
- Fluency in verbal and written Dutch and English is preferred.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-driven problem solver and leader
- Collaborative with other departments
- Technologically savvy
- A people person with the strong interpersonal skills
- An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person
- Resourceful and takes initiative - an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about the music business and has a strong network.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.