Design at the Orchard
The product design team supports all the products and services across the tech organization. Our role is to transform a huge amount of data into valuable and clear information for our users, and guide them through various complex workflows to help them thrive as an artist or label. Our suite of apps all share the same DNA and we’re responsible for ensuring that whichever apps our customers have access to, their experience will be seamless and consistent.
- We work with design principles that guide the reasoning behind our design decisions.
- We use and contribute to our design system - a components library with associated rules and best practices.
We measure the impact of our design decisions and use this data to inform our iterations.
We are looking for a London based Product Designer that can help us build valuable tools for artists & labels, as well as our internal users. In this role, you will be part of the product design team (both US and EU based) and work on strategic products and initiatives. You will collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, designers and internal stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Support one of our key Product areas by owning the design and UX of all features and apps in this area.
- Work within a complex system of content and permissions, dealing with a huge amount of data.
- Contribute to the roadmap – collaborate with the rest of the product team to discover, define and prioritize product work
- Constantly work to create value for our users by suggesting elegant and simple design solutions that solve their problems and seize new opportunities
- Coordinate with the rest of the product design team and Product Managers in other teams to create a consistent experience language, and seamless connections between apps.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers on their projects to give feedback, collaborate, lead or mentor
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Interest and excitement about problem solving
- An aptitude for systems thinking and information architecture
- Experience in planning and running discovery – identify what inputs are needed and how best to get those inputs
- Interaction design skills (both on desktop and mobile)
- Experience in running collaborative workshops to communicate users needs and collaborate with both business and engineering to reach the best solution.
- An aptitude for simplifying complexity and transforming data into valuable information
- Eagerness to learn, a track record for being self-driven, and experience managing multiple projects at the same time
What We Offer You
- An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and creative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.