The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are planning now for future placements within Technology and are interested in getting to know you on an exploratory level.
- Build amazingly crafted software and systems to provide our clients with a cutting-edge digital media management, delivery, and reporting/analytics suite.
- Participate in ongoing Sony platforms integration efforts to deliver next generation, full service distribution products.
- Collaborate with a talented team of engineers and designers.
- Work with new technology and tools in a highly-collaborative, Agile environment.
- Use industry standards and adopt new technologies to manage big data transformations and analysis.
- Advocate for best schema designs to manage Orchard’s master data to ensure scalability and flexibility.
- Full stack proficiency. We are polyglots, currently using Python, PHP and Ruby but open to the best tool for the job. Check out http://stackshare.io/the-orchard for a better idea of what we’re using.
- Familiarity with design patterns. Experience with microservices a plus.
- Agile & results-focused. Ability to work effectively on small, cross-functional teams following Agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum).
- Experience designing and implementing scalable ETLs.
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with AWS is a huge plus (DynamoDB, Redshift, SWF, Lambda).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Love for music and film a plus.
*Please note we are not currently making active hires and your application indicates interest for an exploratory conversation for future hiring.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.