The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
As the Editorial Director, you’ll support this mission by leading our advice content on The Muse. Overseeing a small team of in-house writers and editors, you’ll be responsible for editorial vision, strategy, and voice. You’ll manage the site’s daily publishing schedule and ensure that our advice is of the highest quality.
This role reports directly to the Chief Content Officer.
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll lead editorial on TheMuse.com, ensuring that advice is modern and relatable, the quality of our content is strong, and our voice is distinct, while focusing on scaling our user base to meet company growth goals.
- You’ll manage a small team of fantastic writers and editors who are passionate about the future of work and supporting our users in their careers.
- You’ll collaborate with our Marketing team on distribution, as well as work closely together on initiatives to meet company goals.
- You’ll work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to evolve and grow The Muse consumer experience, collaborating on new products.
- You’ll work closely with our Branded Content and Revenue teams to develop new monetization opportunities.
Why we’ll love you
- You have 6+ years experience as a digital content leader developing content strategy, managing day-to-day publishing, and editing consumer-facing editorial.
- You have significant SEO expertise, with recent success driving growth in a consumer-facing editorial environment.
- You’re data driven with a strong record of content performance.
- You’re passionate about the future of work and supporting individuals in their careers.
- You’re a thoughtful manager with a reputation for inspiring and developing editorial talent.
- You’re incredibly creative: You love finding untapped content ideas in an inundated market (think: new angles on resume articles)
- You're collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You thrive working cross-functionally.
- You’re highly organized.
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll be surrounded by a collaborative team that is working together to reshape the future of work.
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.