Are You Prepared To Take My Job And Enter the $100,000,000
(that’s $100 MILLION) Challenge?
The Motley Fool is one of the largest financial publishers on the Internet.
(Which, come on… Let’s face it, why are we even saying “on the Internet” anymore? I mean, are people getting their financial information… via fax? But I digress…)
Now, if you scan Motley Fool jobs, you’ve seen roles like…
Direct Response Copywriter
Senior Acquisition Marketing Manager
Senior Direct Response Performance Marketer
They are all challenging positions that we routinely receive hundreds of applications from exceptional candidates.
However, this position – Backend Copywriting Lead -- is for a truly unique challenge… That frankly, we’ve never hired externally for.
And I imagine you won’t find in any other copywriting job posting across the Internet.
But, before I go any further, allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Jaimin Patel, and I’d like you to take my job.
If you’ve signed up for any Motley Fool promotions or services, you’ve probably received dozens of emails, presentations, and even reports with my name on it.
(What can I say, I’m a hard worker… I send more than a billion emails a year.)
And I manage the copywriting team for our premium portfolio solutions. Services like Partnership Portfolio or Next-Gen Supercycle that list for $1,500 or more annually.
Now, we receive plenty of applications from copywriting candidates that proudly display five-figure, six-figure, even sometimes seven-figure campaigns.
And if you’re new to copywriting or less experienced, we maintain job openings (such as our Direct Response Copywriter role) that are open to less experienced candidates.
However, this role is targeting more experienced candidates (with 8 or 80 years of experience) who are drawn to the challenge of creating campaigns that could generate up to $100 million annually in sales.
And no – that’s not a typo – we’re talking the potential for you to design campaigns that drive $100 million in sales annually!
If you’ve worked in copywriting, your head might be spinning seeing such a large number.
And I’ll admit… $100 million in annual sales does seem borderline outlandish!
But I’m confident if you’re looking to achieve the highest levels of success in online copywriting this job can get you there for a simple reason: in the past several years, we’ve generated more than $100 million in sales!
Which, as far as I’ve seen, is a scope that’s unrivaled at any other financial publishing copywriting job.
So, how is this possible?
- First of all, you’ll be part of a team. Many other copywriting jobs can be… Well, let’s face it, fairly cutthroat. Sometimes you can have dozens of writers chasing a combined eight figures in annual sales. We currently have only four copywriters on our premium products! So, if we hire you, you’ll be just the fifth addition to the team!
- Second, you won’t just be a member of the team; you’ll also have the opportunity to manage and lead these talented copywriters. You'll guide, mentor, and collaborate with them to create high-impact campaigns. Don't worry; it's not a lone wolf job. Together, you'll work on selling our "premium newsletter" products, and you'll be part of a marketing department with dozens of employees in a fast-growing company. While our ideal candidate will be a terrific copywriter, we’re also looking for someone who embraces thinking strategically about The Motley Fool’s broader business as well.
- Third, you’ll be selling a great product. Direct your browser to Fool.com and you’ll find that (as I type this), our flagship service Stock Advisor has produced average returns of 492% across its recommendations. As marketers, we can all agree the job is much easier and rewarding when you’re selling a great product… With The Motley Fool you’ll get to work at one of the most trusted names in finance with a track-record to back it up.
- And finally, over time, as you develop in your role, it’s our expectation you’ll help develop new strategies and be part of setting the direction of our most important marketing projects.
So, what’s the job?
We’re looking for an experienced candidate to step in and begin helping design campaigns for premium portfolio products that often sell for $1,500 or more annually.
A specific campaign can include:
Creating presentations that often last an hour and detail the benefits of new solutions.
Writing order pages that tell a compelling story and generally run ~5,000 to ~8,000 words in length.
Creating dozens of emails that engage and excite across weeks of time.
Helping devise new strategies and tactics that the team hasn’t implemented across our campaigns.
Simply put, we’re looking for candidates who want a challenge.
You won’t be expected to step in on day one and completely re-write the rules on our marketing… But as I noted at the top of this job posting, I want you to take my job!
That is, while I’ll be assisting and working with any applicant, I’m shifting my focus inside the Motley Fool (like I said, we’re entrepreneurial!)
Which means… any new hire will have the opportunity to immediately begin working on projects that could be the crown jewel in a copywriter’s portfolio of work.
Now, you might be asking yourself, “what’s the downside?”
And that’s a good question to ask, because… This job isn’t for everyone, and we wouldn’t want anyone who isn’t rabid about this opportunity to apply.
So, allow me to briefly tell you what this job is not.
- This is a job where prior experience is necessary and financial knowledge is definite. If you don’t have a certain comfort level writing about financial markets and stocks, it may be difficult to create effective marketing angles and create the engaging events this job requires.
- This is not a “lone wolf” Once again, this is a job where you’ll not only be part of a team responsible for selling our “premium newsletter” products, but a marketing department with dozens of employees in a fast-growing company. While our ideal candidate will be a terrific copywriter, we’re also looking for someone who embraces thinking strategically about The Motley Fool’s broader business as well.
Keep in mind that we haven’t externally hired for this job before...
And will be taking a limited number of applicants (Maybe 1… Maybe 2…)
So, once this chance is gone, it may simply be gone for good.
If you love the challenge of copywriting and want the opportunity to work in a job where you could generate insanely large outcomes at a fast-growing leader in the financial space…
Then simply apply!
By applying on this site, you acknowledge that The Motley Fool will be collecting the personal data you provide for our recruiting purposes. Please see our Applicant Privacy Notice for additional information about how we process, transfer, and store your data, including where that data is stored, and about any additional privacy rights you may have based on your jurisdiction.