Born of a creative agency and fueled by start-up technology, The Media Kitchen is today's most inventive full-service communications planning and buying agency. While we are 100% multi-modal, we consider ourselves to be digitally centric. We stay on top of the latest advancements by maintaining relationships within the start-up community and also by creating start-up businesses ourselves. Both uniquely position TMK to provide our clients unmatched service in their online and offline media needs and help drive innovation in the industry.
At TMK we love cooking up media to reach and inspire consumers so our clients win.
The Senior Media Strategistis responsible for TMK’s media strategies. S/he will be in charge of the day-to-day coordination, execution, and management of media plans. This position will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of client businesses and ensure all media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner. The Senior Media Strategist will play a leadership role on the team, reporting to the Media Director, and will be responsible for helping supervise the day-to-day workflow of the media planning staff on assigned accounts.
- Media planning: 4+ years. Experience using all media channels is a must, including digital, broadcast, out of home, print and non-traditional.
- Dynamic, self-starterswho are ready to take on and lead projects, and manage the team in taking on new media channels and tactics
- Proven ability to build integrated cross channel media plans
- Excellent Excel skills
- Quantitative analytical skills and aptitude
- Strong software use skills including in-depth knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), and aptitude to quickly learn new tools
- Skilled with syndicated research tools (comScore, AdIntel, Simmons, etc)
- Leadership skills, ability to work well in a team, and to shine as an individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written (particularly presentation deck writing) and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Preference for experience with third party ad serving technology (Sizmek/Mediamind, DCM, etc)
The Senior Media Strategist will...
- Act as primary media expert of assigned clients and client service team, including planning and buying of media. Develop strategies for strong and effective media plans
- Formulate, write and present campaign/media recommendations
- Manage workload and client initiatives up (to AMD and group director), and oversee day-to-day workloads of strategists and associate strategists and assist in their training and development
- Create and refine internal and client-facing performance reports
- Cross check plans and all supporting documents (flowcharts, specs sheets, ATB’s, IO’s, billing docs, etc)
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives and translate them into media objectives/strategies
- Perform ongoing campaign analysis directly relevant to optimization and/or planning and buying decisions. Contribute to campaign analytics and insights development
- Lead on publisher negotiations and manage vendor relationships to endure flawless project execution
- Liaise with client's creative agency to ensure flawless execution and fulfillment of communications plans
- Evaluate syndicated research to draw conclusions/provide profiles
- Remain abreast of the overall media marketplace and what opportunities are relevant to clients
- Participate in brainstorm and ideation sessions
At TMK We...
- Are Entrepreneurial.
- Are Driven.
- Are Curious.
- Are Quirky.
- Are Kind.
- Are Fun.
- Are Humble.
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to creating a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.