We believe in the power of creativity: creativity that makes people think, feel, and then act.
Creativity brimming with bravery and vision, heart and humor, imagination and truth.
We believe that brands should stand for more than what they’re selling.
With culture as our playground and emotion as our craft, we help our clients
change minds, win hearts, and create memories.
We believe that good people are the key to creating great work. Our halls are filled
with passionate thinkers and makers, seasoned experts and rising stars, who unleash
each other’s brilliance and celebrate every win as a team.
Together, we bring ideas from the page into the world, ideas that are so audacious, so original,
so meaningful that they couldn’t come from you or me - only we.
WE ARE TMA. CREATIVITY THAT MATTERS.
We are looking for our Director of Media to lead and oversee paid media capability for the broader organization. The successful candidate will serve as the agency’s Media capability leader and subject matter expert, driving AOR strategy/budget spend and working closely with Account Directors, Strategy, Insights & Analytics and Business Development on new business upsells. Day-to-day, he or she will manage a team and implement approaches that turn targeted prospects into customers for our clients and prospective new business. This role requires a mix of data, technology, analytics, strategy, and measurement experience.
Reporting to the agency’s Chief Business Design Officer, you will be accountable for establishing and growing our performance media portfolio for existing clients and new clients. You will work with new business and account teams to identify opportunities, establish realistic performance goals and execute campaigns. You will develop a plan to grow Media within TMA and staff the team commensurately with goals of growth and margin attainment.
- It all starts with data. You will establish and lead a performance- first methodology that must rely on innovative analytic and measurement technologies to illuminate a tailored tactical mix of media and channels to make targeted segments pull the trigger.
- Lead media strategy and execution for the agency and client programs. The offering must encompass full-spectrum paid media and include: OOH, Print, Display, Paid Search and Social advertising media.
- Prioritize and evangelize to the agency as a whole the value and importance of continued measurement to enable constant optimization, so the process will grow more effective and efficient over time.
- Identify and develop opportunities for Media solutions on a client by client basis, and create comprehensive, compelling, and effective media plans.
- Meet or exceed performance goals by ensuring clients’ expectations and business KPI’s are attained.
- Play collaboratively on an organizational basis. Build and shape a highly effective, world-class Media function by training, motivating and setting leadership direction for direct report(s).
- Stay on top of industry trends and developments in digital advertising, performance media advancements, and relevant peer campaigns.
- Recruit, manage and grow team as aligned to revenue goals.
- Spearhead performance marketing thought leadership for internal and external communications, and bring best practices and industry standards to the company through relationships with key trade organizations and industry opinion leaders.
- Represent The Marketing Arm Media capability in key industry settings (e.g. as needed for client meetings, conferences, meetings, panels, etc).
- Ambitious, people-driven individual with a creative and analytical business mind.
- Possess 10+ years of media planning and buying experience specializing in digital and social media within successful start-ups or mid to large digital-first agencies.
- Enjoy deep familiarity and have worked with all forms of native advertising publishers such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, LinkedIn, social discovery sites including BuzzFeed, Reddit, StumbleUpon and other emerging social channels required.
- Have experience with Facebook ad buying (self-serve) as well as an experience with SEO (Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo, etc.) and SEM.
- Possess experience with digital display media buying/recommendation experience preferred including web and mobile ad networks, in-game ads, paid media views and contextual video views preferred.
- Have promotional experience using paid media to drive engagement through video views, promotion/contest participation, etc. preferred.
- Are excited to form Content/Media Partnerships with large publishers (Time, Conde Nast etc.) and negotiate print, OOH, digital, event and paid promotional integration opportunities at favorable rates.
- Possess strong business and sales acumen with the ability to pitch clients and prospects on marketing programs using experience and data-driven recommendations.
- Possess solid knowledge of industry-leading paid strategies and digital analytics platforms and can navigate with ease.
- Work collaboratively with others, think and act proactively, and work independently Demonstrate strong work ethic and a track record of providing consistent, quality work to clients and teams.
- Have strong organizational, and written and oral communications skills.
- You are a self-starter, effective at both working independently and leading a growing team, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment on concurrent projects.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and changing entrepreneurial environment, and contribute to an energized, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Metrics-Minded and Result Driven – You live and die by the numbers and are a relentless growth hacker. Creating case studies to highlight learnings, successes and improvement areas.
- Strong Writing & Communication – Must have robust written and verbal communication skills, and experience managing and communicating with senior agency leaders and internal staff.
- Social Media Passion – Acute understanding and passion for social media.
- Positive Attitude – Approach work at TMA and each campaign with a positive outlook, and be able to rally your team to be excited about campaign initiatives; strive for continuous improvement in campaigns, the broader Influencer Marketing team and themselves.
- Commitment to Excellence – At times will initiate projects and improvements beyond your job description, to create a dream position that best leverages your personal competence and passion.
- Education – BA or BS in Business, Marketing, or related.