We are what we believe.
We believe in the power of creativity: creativity that makes people think, feel, and then act.
Creativity brimming with bravery and vision, heart and humor, imagination and truth.
We believe that brands should stand for more than what they’re selling.
With culture as our playground and emotion as our craft, we help our clients change minds, win hearts, and create memories.
We believe that good people are the key to creating great work.
Our halls are filled with passionate thinkers and makers, seasoned experts and rising stars, who unleash each other’s brilliance and celebrate every win as a team.
Together, we bring ideas from the page into the world, ideas that are so audacious, so original, so meaningful that they couldn’t come from you or me.
We Are TMA. Creativity That Matters.
As a Creative Director at The Marketing Arm, you’re someone with both a passion for the work and excellent judgment to bring solutions to the table, no matter how intense the scenario. You know how to fight your battles, but you’re even better at picking them. You’re a leader and a juggler. You are one of those who can do and teach. You’re capable of getting the best work out of others, not just handling it yourself. You push until it’s great, and then you push some more. You represent us with clients and make them feel like they have a trustworthy go-to. You know how to find the best people, and you know how to keep them. And you can sell it like it’s the best we’ve ever done, every time.
- Embodying our vision of Creativity That Matters, always in the pursuit of the best, most strategic, meaningful and on-brand work we can deliver—work that makes people think, feel, and then act
- Directing and managing Art Directors and Copywriters within the group, from their time to their workload to their interpersonal relationships
- Understanding input from senior leadership and clients, and effectively directing the team toward better creative executions
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of cultural, design, and business trends
- Building effective relationships with teammates and clients
- Maintaining a flexible work schedule, as weekend and extended workdays are not the norm, but are sometimes necessary
- Demonstrating knowledge of the marketplace our clients operate in, strategy, and the competitive landscape
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field (advertising, graphic design, visual arts, etc.)
- 8+ years of agency experience as a copywriter, graphic designer or art director, at least 2 of those years with management or co-management responsibilities
- Solid portfolio, available online
- Ability to brainstorm in large groups and develop big ideas from beginning to end
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others to creatively and strategically solve multiple problems at once, under quick deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships with clients and account teams
Strong problem-solving, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Presentation skills and salesmanship are a must
- Experience in multicultural teams or brands strongly preferred
- Experience in digital/social required
- Experience in promotions/activation, shopper marketing, and/or past work on CPG preferred
- Proficiency in creative suite and presentation software (PowerPoint and Keynote)