We are what we believe.
We believe in the power of creativity: creativity that makes people think, feel, and then act.
Creativity brimming with bravery and vision, heart and humor, imagination and truth.
We believe that brands should stand for more than what they’re selling.
With culture as our playground and emotion as our craft, we help our clients change minds, win hearts, and create memories.
We believe that good people are the key to creating great work.
Our halls are filled with passionate thinkers and makers, seasoned experts and rising stars, who unleash each other’s brilliance and celebrate every win as a team.
Together, we bring ideas from the page into the world, ideas that are so audacious, so original, so meaningful that they couldn’t come from you or me.
We Are TMA. Creativity That Matters.
We’re looking for an art director to help us design the future of retail.
If you’re the kind of designer that rolls their eyes at retail creative, thank you, next. If, on the other hand, you’re the type of forward-thinking creative guru that rightly sees retail as the final frontier in advertising and an opportunity to create breakthrough, original works of art at the moment of truth, well hello there and nice to meet you.
The perfect fit:
You’re a visionary and an image conjurer. A hands-on designer who can concept the unexpected and then bring it to life with exceptional polish and pop. You make art that dazzles, backed by strategy that sells. You constantly seek out inspiration, you learn from others, you envy industry greats, and you become better every day. Your antennas are always up for art and culture trends. You wear many hats, you wear many shoes, and you paint with many brushes. On top of that, you’ve got the organizational chops to juggle multiple projects at once, while staying laser-focused on the small stuff. You take feedback like a champ and run with it, because you’re a pro and at the end of the day you know it’s all about the work, and never about yourself.
Dynamic as a team, agile for our clients, and dangerous to our competition. We’re a motivated & collaborative team bursting with passion, and in our world big ideas rule. Every day, we push the ideas, push each other, and push ourselves to deliver work that matters.
Always wanted to try your hand in brainstorming? Trendwatching? Presenting to clients? In this role you’ll see it all: no part of the process is off-limits and we hold each other accountable at every level. When we win, we win together.
As a part of our team, you’ll get all the perks of a big agency with the close-knit feel of a small core team. And with teammates in NYC, Chicago, Dallas, and Connecticut, you’ll be dialed into a larger community with endless opportunities.
The art director we’re looking for will work with a team of creatives to concept and execute retail programs for a beloved craft beer brand as well as in-store merchandising kits for a national small business solutions center. From time to time, you’ll be called upon to help with new business pitches, as well as to support our other existing clients.
Every day is a little different but most days involve some of the following:
- Concepting and designing in-store POS and signage with an emphasis on bold, impactful design and typography
- Collaborating with teams of creatives, strategists and account leads to create a high volume of work on time, on budget and on point
- Presenting to a passionate group of clients with conviction, confidence and swagger
- Assisting Creative Directors in managing photo shoots
- Pitching in on new business initiatives and agency creative communications
- Participating in brainstorms for activations and promotions, then translating that thinking into beautiful & strategic pitch decks
- Being a source of positivity, inspiration, creativity and fun
- 4+ years of agency experience as a graphic designer or art director.
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field (advertising, graphic design,
- visual arts, etc.).
- Experience with retail merchandising, in-store POS and promotions
- Strong problem-solving, presentation, and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to creatively and strategically solve multiple
- problems at once, under quick deadlines.
- Ability to brainstorm in groups and develop ideas from beginning to
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign CS5 or above.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides.
- Solid portfolio, available online.
- Bonus points for swiss army creatives who can shoot, edit or code.