Our focus? Make brands mean something to consumers no matter how they come in contact.
Which is why we have deep expertise across multiple disciplines. This creates an integrated solution of the critical marketing capabilities our clients need. Not to mention less overhead and more cohesive thinking.
It works! Over 100 top brands agree.
Founded in 1993, The Marketing Arm has a distinctive culture that aims to inspire the best people to improve daily, think bigger, and maximize fun.
We have 750+ employees across 15 offices in 10 countries, and are a part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
If you care about awards, we’ve got those too: “Most Awarded Agency,” “Most Creative Agency,” “Best Places to Work,” Lions, Pencils, Clios, Reggies … you name it.
Our culture is unbeatable, and we're growing in size and capability every day. We have fun, take pride in our work, and welcome talented people who want to do the same.
Be Anywhere. Do Anything. Start Here.
We’re hiring a Senior Strategist in our Consumer Engagement group to help lead global social media strategy (both B2C and B2B) for a large, complex energy client, for which we are the social media lead agency among a large inter-agency team. The perfect candidate will be fluent in social media (ideally inclusive of paid media strategies), ambitiously keeps abreast of the ever-changing marketing and media landscape innovations, and has experience bringing social media strategies to life to a major brand, ideally with both B2B and B2C experience. Additionally, this person should have inter-agency team experience as we work with various agency partners to service this client. This person will be curious, ready to learn a complex business (with various lines of business) in the highly regulated energy industry. They should be strategic and creative as well as a thought leader and an ongoing student of social, digital and emerging marketing trends.
- Responsible for briefing creative team on creative deliverables on an ongoing basis, ranging from social and digital content to major campaign and planning initiatives
- Develop both high-level and tactical strategic plans and POVs for our clients and brand teams, and partner extensively with internal teams (like account teams, research and analytics, and creative) to develop breakthrough digital and social media programs that ladder back to marketing and business objectives
- Be a strategic thought leader for social and digital among a large inter-agency team, always thinking about how to make other agency work amplified with social and digital as well as creating our own social and digital by design work as well.
- Partner with the insights & analytics team to develop strong insights to provide fodder for everything from content to major campaigns
- Strategically define key objectives, performance indicators, analytics and KPI reporting methods across campaigns
- Ability to make strategic recommendations for paid social and key platforms for campaigns
- Interact directly with and present to clients – Directors, VPs, and C-Level leaders – advising them on how to harness digital marketing, data and technology to better attract, engage and retain consumers, increase brand reach, and elevate their reputation. develop marketing strategies that increase customer acquisition, engagement, sales conversion and loyalty/persistence.
- Work closely with the agency Strategy leadership team to ensure our consumer-engagement strategic frameworks are distinct and effective so they produce quantifiable business results – and add value to the lives of consumers.
- 5+ Years of Work Experience - Approximately 5+ years of overall business experience primarily in digital (inclusive of social) marketing.
- Agency Experience – At least 3+ years within an agency that focuses on consumer advertising, media, or digital marketing. Experience working with an inter-agency team partnering to deliver on clients’ asks.
- Experience Bringing Social Media to Life for a brand – Minimum of 2 years working in social media for B2B or B2C client or brand; paid social media strategy experience required as well
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment - Demonstrate ability to utilize resources to drive clients marketing and overall business objectives. Be an entrepreneurial, self-starter that helps drive innovation needed among our clients and the agency.
- Digital Consumer Marketing Breadth & Depth - Experience in as many of the following areas of marketing: brand strategy, positioning, traditional and digital media buying and planning, advertising, product and service development, public relations, communications, media, digital advertising.
- Consumer Engagement Strategy - Ability to interpret primary and secondary research, and develop brand positioning, personas, customer journeys and communication planning. Hands-on experience creating strategies and identifying where social media fits into the overall marketing mix.
- Marketing Business Acumen – Strong understanding of the value drivers of a client’s business including the key drivers of customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, retention, loyalty and advocacy as well as brand reach, sentiment and consumer segmentation analysis.
- Client and Agency Partnerships – Proven experience developing trust among a client’s leadership team and navigating it before, during and after strategic development and execution. Ability to partner effectively with internal agency and department leaders (such as insights and analytics, planning, account and creative).
- Management and Leadership – Experiencing managing individuals, and that can include direct management or cross-functional leadership to develop and continuously improve our staff professionally.
- Writing and Speaking – Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation experience to senior executives as well as a thought leadership in digital marketing (white papers, industry trade articles, etc.).
- Travel - Ability to travel 10-30% of the time to meet with existing and prospective clients, attend industry trade shows and provide coaching and leadership to our team of strategists around the country.
- Education – Bachelor’s required; preferably in marketing, business, communication or commerce.