Our focus? Make brands mean something to consumers no matter how they come in contact.
Which is why we have deep expertise across multiple disciplines. This creates an integrated solution of the critical marketing capabilities our clients need. Not to mention less overhead and more cohesive thinking.
It works! Over 100 top brands agree.
Founded in 1993, The Marketing Arm has a distinctive culture that aims to inspire the best people to improve daily, think bigger, and maximize fun.
We have 750+ employees across 15 offices in 10 countries and are a part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
If you care about awards, we’ve got those too: “Most Awarded Agency,” “Most Creative Agency,” “Best Places to Work,” Lions, Pencils, Clios, Reggies … you name it.
Our culture is unbeatable, and we're growing in size and capability every day. We have fun, take pride in our work, and welcome talented people who want to do the same.
Be Anywhere. Do Anything. Start Here.
The Marketing Arm has an immediate need for an Account Director focused on sports accounts.
Candidate must: be an innovative and strategic leader with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet stringent deadlines with a positive, “do-what-it-takes” attitude; anticipate and solve problems; manage, motivate and coach a dynamic team including direct reports; require accountability for results; integrate both internal and external partners.
Experience must include overseeing and cultivating client relationships; project management (including strategy, client service, and execution), solid knowledge of brand activations, and experience within the sports industry.
You’re passionate about your work and commit to whatever it takes to get the job done. You are a natural connector who believes the team is stronger than the individual. You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You look, you learn, you envy and you become better. You’re a big picture thinker who’s courageous enough to pursue your passions.
The primary roles of the Account Director are to be the strategic liaison for clients and external partners as well as serve as the internal team lead overseeing day-to-day account work, and helping run point to identify, win and grow new sports business:
- Demonstrate confidence, authority and solid decision making as a team leader.
- Understand our clients’ business and be able to create solutions to deliver against objectives.
- Provide oversight of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered as promised, on time and budget, and create positive business results.
- Effectively plan and organize the work of yourself and your team to handle the account efficiently and productively.
- Create an inspiring working environment that encourages the team to push the limits of ideas and their own career growth.
- Evaluate support staff and develop individual growth plans.
- Work with agency leadership on internal initiatives.
Exhibit mastery of written business communication as well as presentation skills:
- Lead internal and client presentations.
- Develop a persuasive presentation and story-telling style.
- Be clear in communication and written direction to team members and clients.
Exhibit problem-solving abilities and provide solid, efficient solutions:
- Work with the team to proactively mitigate and resolve problems.
- Actively assess agency processes and business challenges to improve outcomes.
- Strong strategic thinker; beyond the project to understand the business at a higher level.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, numerical, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to determine overall program successes – identify measurable objectives, analytical review and insights beyond direct metrics.
- Standardize best practices for client program execution, budgets, tracking, and post-program reporting.
- Ability to present to company management and clients at most senior level.
- Ability to screen / hire and develop staff through training staff, planning, & managing work flow.
- Activate assignments and encourage partnership with cross functional agency team members.
- Actively participate in development of corporate culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Senior-level professional with minimum 7-10 years in agency account management or client side
- Minimum of 3 years in supervisory/director role
- Must have extensive experience in the sports industry (brand, agency, league or property level)
- International experience is a plus
- Detail oriented – a successful project manager; can multi-task and prioritize as needed.
- Professional ism at all levels
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to travel for meetings and events as needed