The Juice is reinventing the B2B Content Marketing landscape, putting content consumers front and center.
The Juice collects, consolidates, and curates insightful resources from across the internet into a single platform where members can organize, share, and enjoy content curated for them without ever having to fill out a form.
While much of the best educational content for professionals is produced by brands, the experience of consuming this content has traditionally been terrible, with gated content forms followed by the inevitable pummeling of unwanted sales pitches. The Juice puts content consumers in control of how and when they engage with brands while augmenting the impact and audience for brands that produce quality content.
About this role:
The Juice is looking for a Director of Engineering. You should be an experienced software engineer with the ability to lead a team. You know how to align to the broader business vision but aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump in the code yourself.
As one of the first team members of the engineering team in a fast-growing start-up, this is an opportunity to have your fingerprints on a product and team that is creating a content marketing platform to put an end to antiquated marketing and sales tactics. Your efforts will shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated. You’ll work closely with the product and engineering teams while reporting directly to our CEO.
The Juice is based in Indianapolis but is open to remote employees.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the team of developers and engineers, establishing and maintaining standards and regimens
- Provide individuals with guidance, mentorship, and a path for growth within the technology organization
- Oversee the development of a technical roadmap for innovation and technical requirements ensuring the product is stable and innovative
- Keep a pulse on the company’s development stack and related technologies to ensure engineering is staying current and competitive
- Guide the technical visionary for the company and shape technological strategies in the company
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years in a Management/Executive role with experience overseeing engineering, design, and product
- Ideally has had experience of aligning multiple products to one technical strategy and roadmap
- Experience working within a SaaS start-up or scale-up company that has grown at a rapid scale
- An understanding of or experience in B2B Marketing preferred and/or experience in dual-sided marketplace businesses where priorities and projects serve two main stakeholders.
- Has experience working with leadership to drive strategic direction, but unafraid to roll up their sleeves on tactical items
- A desire to lead from the front, by engaging with users, soliciting feedback from customers, defining product priorities, specifying requirements as well as functioning strategically
- Effective personal and team based project management capabilities
- The ability to convey thoughts effectively both verbally and in writing to multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ruby 3
- Rails 7
- Hotwire (Stimulus + Turbo)
- Postgres 13
- Be Bold: If this were easy, someone would have already done it. It takes a bold vision and a bold team willing to act quickly, confidently, and decisively.
- Practice Radical Candor: Care personally and challenge directly—with our members, customers, partners, and most importantly, each other
- Celebrate Wins: While we know we’ll have losses, we learn and we move on. We play to win. When we win, we win big. And we always celebrate.
- Bring The Juice: Our team, our product, and our customers have “it.” We thrive on energy, excitement, fun, and optimism
The Juice is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.