The Information was founded in late 2013 with a simple idea: write deeply reported articles about the technology industry that you won't find elsewhere. Since then, we've moved markets, gotten the early scoop on billions of dollars of acquisitions, and told you what's happening inside companies like Apple, Meta and Google. As a subscription-only publication, we aim high and take on challenging stories and adhere to the highest of journalistic standards. We've attracted hundreds of thousands of active readers who look to us for breaking news stories and impactful features, and we continue to invest aggressively in our team.
The Information is seeking an editor to oversee our Opinion section and related projects, editing leading entrepreneurs, executives and thinkers of our day on technology, business and media topics.
Our Opinion editor shapes the conversation around the most complex and important issues in business, science and policy. He or she will be responsible for curating, surfacing and sourcing Opinion pieces from The Information’s community and beyond—putting them in contact with Silicon Valley luminaries and some of the most interesting writers in business.
Our Opinion pieces surface for our readers the important conversations in tech between and among executives, investors, regulators and scholars. The Information’s subscribers include decision-makers at many tech, finance, entertainment, and media organizations.
The Opinion/Community editor will forge connections with these subscribers through our Forum section. At a time when online conversation has become so polarized and predictable, Forum is a place for smart people to share ideas and learn from each other in a high-trust environment. The Opinion/Community editor will help stimulate these discussions, while identifying ideas and writers that merit a broader audience.
- 3+ years of extensive editing experience; previous experience with Opinion pieces is a plus
- A deep knowledge of technology and business, and connections to the companies, executives, entrepreneurs, funders, researchers, and thinkers driving the industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Real persistence and organization and an interest in rolling up your sleeves to work through ideas and copy
- Work on-site 3 days a week in our New York City or San Francisco office
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Basic life insurance
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- 401(k) corporate match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
Salary Range: 120,000 - 160,000 USD Annually + Bonus + Benefits
The salary range posted is based on the company's good faith belief at the time of the posting. Actual compensation may vary above or below this range based on factors such as location, work experience, and skill level.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.