The Information was founded in late 2013 with a simple idea: write deeply reported articles about the technology industry that you won't find elsewhere. Since then, we've moved markets, gotten the early scoop on billions of dollars of acquisitions, and told you what's happening inside companies like Apple, Meta and Google. As a subscription-only publication, we aim high and take on challenging stories and adhere to the highest of journalistic standards. We've attracted hundreds of thousands of active readers who look to us for breaking news stories and impactful features, and we continue to invest aggressively in our team.
The Information is seeking a Director of Brand Partnerships, responsible for building brand partnerships and growing revenue through sales of The Information’s established and fast growing brand partnerships. The Director of Brand Partnerships will sell established brand partner offerings including virtual and live events, newsletter partnership programs, thought leadership content and other custom solutions.
- Drive business growth by developing new brand partnerships and increasing deal size with existing partners.
- Cultivate relationships with key decision makers at the client, agency and PR teams, at all seniority levels
- Work closely with the VP Brand Partnerships to develop new business and cultivate existing relationships.
- Proactively develop idea-based custom solutions for brand partners and drive sales outside of the RFP process.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional internal teams to service top accounts.
- Own the entire sales process from outreach, program development, pitch, negotiations, post-sales execution and renewal.
- 5+ years of successful media selling with a minimum of 3 years selling in the B2B marketplace.
- Proven ability to open doors, close deals and maintain strong relationships with both clients and agencies.
- Existing relationships with marketers in Tech, Financial Services and Consulting Firms, a plus.
- Successful track record of exceeding sales goals and developing new business.
- Expertise selling integrated content sponsorships including events.
- Polished presentation, communication and analytical skills.
- Must be flexible and work with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Work in-office at either our San Francisco or New York office 3 days a week
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Basic life insurance
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- 401(k) corporate match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
Salary Range: 140,000-180,000 USD Annually + Commission + Benefits
The salary range posted is based on the company's good faith belief at the time of the posting. Actual compensation may vary above or below this range based on factors such as location, work experience, and skill level.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.