The Information was founded in late 2013 with a simple idea: write deeply reported articles about the technology industry that you won't find elsewhere. Since then, we've become a disruptor in business news that’s moved markets, gotten the early scoop on billions of dollars of acquisitions, and told you what's happening inside companies like Apple, Facebook and Google. As a subscription-only publication, we aim high and take on challenging stories and adhere to the highest of journalistic standards. What we put into the work is just as in-depth as our output. We've attracted tens of thousands of paying subscribers who look to us for breaking news stories and impactful features. As we look to expand our coverage in alignment with the needs of our subscribers, we continue to invest aggressively in our team.
The Information is looking for a new individual to join our Growth Team and assist with research and analysis into our different business lines. The Manager, Growth Analytics role is a position within the organization that will be responsible for providing insight, and analysis that helps inform and answer strategic business questions, and drive the growth of our business. The ideal candidate asks challenging questions and then sets to work digging for the answer. They find combing through data exciting and are able to think strategically about what’s next. A self-starter, they are able to create reports, assist in building dashboards, and uncover opportunities that will drive the successful growth of our products and revenue.
This position reports into our VP, Growth.
- In depth analysis of subscription and brand partnership products, including:
- Design, implementation, and interpretation of results for A/B/N tests
- Churn and conversion modeling
- Segmentation/funnel studies
- Clustering/User Profiles and user behavior analysis
- Financial modeling and projections
- Understand how subscription churn, subscription upsell, and conversion play a role in the success of the overall subscription business. Identify “big bets” and opportunities and help bring them to life.
- Investigating and sharing the impact of experiments, product launches, and other macro-level events to understand the financial and other performance impacts they have on our KPIs, growth, and revenue.
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, operations, or strategy and 2+ years experience in web-based or mobile performance marketing. Background in subscription model analytics is a plus, but not required.
- Expertise with SQL and large datasets; in-depth understanding of statistical analysis, common quant techniques like regression, etc., and experiment design.
- Highly proficient or expert in one or more visualization tools, preferably Periscope, Looker, or Tableau with the ability to translate insights into actionable outcomes.
- B.S. in quantitative degree (CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, Business, Economics or related field), advanced degree a bonus.
- Track record of independent work that meets or exceeds goals against clearly stated objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, verbal, and graphic
We have excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Basic life insurance
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
Salary Range: 80,000 - 120,000 USD Annually + Bonus + Benefits
The salary range posted is based on the company's good faith belief at the time of the posting. Actual compensation may vary above or below this range based on factors such as location, work experience, and skill level.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.