The Information was founded in late 2013 with a simple idea: write deeply reported articles about the technology industry that you won't find elsewhere. Since then, we've become a disruptor in business news that’s moved markets, gotten the early scoop on billions of dollars of acquisitions, and told you what's happening inside companies like Apple, Meta and Google. As a subscription-only publication, we aim high and take on challenging stories and adhere to the highest of journalistic standards. What we put into the work is just as in-depth as our output. We've attracted hundreds of thousands of active readers who look to us for breaking news stories and impactful features. As we look to expand our coverage in alignment with the needs of our subscribers, we continue to invest aggressively in our team.
We are looking for a high-energy reporter/researcher to help us build and strengthen our database franchise and deliver more high-impact data journalism to our readers. The Information is a pioneer in these areas, known for our proprietary Org Charts and databases, including The Information 50, the Creator Economy database and the IPO Tracker. We are looking for a strong journalist with excellent data skills to help lead these products and launch new ones, working closely with our graphics team and data journalism editor.
- Write a weekly newsletter based on data journalism across The Information newsroom
- Work across The Information’s newsroom with our reporters and editors to conceive and launch new database projects
- Mine existing and future databases for details and trends to create exclusive, high-impact stories
- Expand and update existing databases
- Work with editors and other reporters to create and execute monthly polls of The Information subscribers, and write stories about the result
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of professional journalism experience
- Experience with data analysis tools including spreadsheets and databases
- This position is based in San Francisco
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Basic life insurance
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- 401(k) corporate match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.