The Information is the go-to source of insight, analysis and in-depth reporting for the most influential leaders in technology and business. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, our original, high-quality journalism has the power to inform the most consequential decisions shaping our future, and we’ve built a community of tens of thousands of subscribers who depend on us to do just that. We have a financially healthy business, plenty of capital and big ambitions to grow our impact. We’re looking for a Director, Acquisition Marketing to join our team—someone who will own the new subscriber acquisition .
Who Are You?
The Information is looking for a Director, Acquisition Marketing to join the team and lead the strategy, execution, and reporting for our new subscriber acquisition efforts. You are the strategic and executional owner of the new subscriber funnel, driving new ways to achieve the optimal revenue per subscriber while being mindful of cost and LTVs. As a Director, Acquisition Marketing, you’ll equally focus on the implementation of your vision and measure each step in the process.
As a journalism and media organization, we are looking for someone with strong strategic knowledge around understanding the potential customer and the reasons they buy. You will work with the team to turn these insights into effective go-to-market strategies for customer acquisition. You will focus on acquisition marketing, strategy management across channels as well as optimizing the customer journey through the purchase funnel. While responsible for strategy, you will also actively execute and deploy campaigns to drive new subscriber growth whether directly or through an agency partner.
- Collaborate with marketing team members and agencies on campaign concept, content requirements, buyer's journey development and digital marketing execution across various channels (e.g. paid media, email marketing, organic, content marketing.)
- Coordinate and lead paid media strategy, budget and coordination with outside agencies.
- Allocate budget by campaign & channel (display, programmatic, retargeting, social, video, content syndication, SEM) using forecast models.
- Lead the experimentation roadmap, including A/B tests, potential new channels and new capabilities.
- Lead the development of innovative strategies and initiatives to win back subscribers.
- Drive the analysis and compilation of reporting that expresses the impact of acquisition marketing initiatives across all channels.
- 4+ years of experience in acquisition marketing or other relevant acquisition disciplines. Content distribution background is a plus.
- Strong commercial acumen, comfortable interpreting and working with financial and performance data; ROI-driven; able to think big picture while remaining close to the detail.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience deploying scalable testing frameworks and measurable growth marketing programs against revenue-related goals.
- Comfort and ease working with large budgets, aggressive targets and the measurement of key performance metrics
- Experience managing and collaborating with internal, external teams, and building partnerships with world class agencies, freelancers, and vendors.
- A can do attitude - someone who likes to roll up their sleeves to execute just as much as developing strategy.
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Basic life insurance
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional benefits including, commuter benefits, gym and fitness stipend, and phone reimbursement
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
Salary Range: 100,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Bonus + Benefits
The salary range posted is based on the company's good faith belief at the time of the posting. Actual compensation may vary above or below this range based on factors such as location, work experience, and skill level.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.