The Information is seeking a Director of Brand Partnerships, responsible for building brand partnerships and growing revenue through sales of The Information’s established and fast growing brand partnerships. The Director of Brand Partnerships will sell established brand partner offerings including virtual and live events, email partnership program and thought leadership content.
This is an opportunity to join the growing team at The Information, a leader in digital subscription news. Founded in 2013, The Information has attracted tens of thousands of paying subscribers—putting the business on firm footing, and our subscribers include some of the most influential people on the planet.
- Responsible for building and maintaining new revenue opportunities with B2B marketers.
- Cultivate relationships with key decision makers at all levels, both client, agency and PR teams.
- Ability to grow business and develop new revenue and product opportunities.
- Work closely with the VP Brand Partnerships to identify news business, sponsorship and revenue opportunities. Develop and execute a growth strategy to achieve goals and accelerate growth.
- Proactively curate idea-based custom solutions for brand partners and drive sales outside of the RFP process.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional internal teams to service top accounts.
- Own the entire sales process from outreach, developing and presenting solution based custom programs, negotiation, post-sales execution and renewal.
- 5+ years of successful selling with a minimum of 3 years selling in the B2B marketplace.
- Proven ability to both open doors, close deals and maintain strong relationships with both clients and agencies. Existing relationships in Tech, Financial Services and Consulting, a plus.
- Successful track record of achieving sales goals, identifying top accounts and developing new business.
- Expertise selling integrated content sponsorships with significant experience selling events.
- Polished presentation, communication and analytical skills.
- Must be flexible and work with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Work in-office at either our San Francisco or New York office, when we reopen in September 2021.