The Information is the go-to source of insight, analysis and in-depth reporting for the most influential leaders in technology and business. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, we believe that original, high-quality journalism has the power to inform the most consequential decisions shaping our future, and we’ve built a community of tens of thousands of subscribers who depend on us to do just that. We’re looking for a Senior Digital Designer to join our growth team—someone who can translate The Information’s journalistic ethos into beautiful, simple, high-impact product and marketing designs.
Who Are You?
You’re both an expert design strategist and a maker. You’ll be The Information’s sole in-house product and marketing designer—which means you’re someone who loves thinking about design principles as you roll up your sleeves and create the art itself.
Your work and passion spans multiple forms of digital design—social-media creative, email templates, product UX, house ads, paid marketing.
You love startup environments, and relish building things from the ground up. You’re happy to pitch in with copy in a pinch, to hop on a Zoom with an engineer to troubleshoot a problem, to design header art in one moment and a newsletter landing page in the next.
- Make The Information’s marketing and product art and designs, with support from two freelance teams
- Design email templates, paid-social ads, landing pages, house ads, digital experiences and more
- Help evolve our design system across channels and platforms
- Convey The Information’s editorial sensibility in marketing and product materials
- Work with an external agency to build The Information’s brand style guide and principles
- 5+ years of experience in a digital-design roles
- Interest in both marketing and product design
- Passion for high-quality, independent journalism
- Experience with B2C brands a plus
- A penchant for collaboration, and a generous approach toward working with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders
- Work in-office at our downtown San Francisco headquarters, when we reopen (probably later 2021). Until then, work remotely by San Francisco business hours.
Roles at The Information come with a competitive salary and the opportunity for a significant annual bonus.
We have excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Basic life insurance
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco with an outstanding view… that we hope we'll return to soon!