Zagat has big plans for a multi-faceted relaunch in 2020: we’ll be launching a new review and recommendation platform, releasing a 40th anniversary edition of the Zagat book, and also launching an editorially-driven site that we’re tentatively calling Zagat Stories.
Zagat Stories will engage in thoughtful, inspiring storytelling focused around chefs and restaurants. Using the iconic 40-year-old brand and its relaunch as an anchor, the site will be a place to share stories with a broad audience of readers who are passionate about food and restaurants. We’re looking for someone who has a finger on the pulse of what’s interesting and new in the world of chefs and restaurants, and someone who has the editorial skills to translate that into compelling writing.
This project is a blank slate, with endless opportunity for a creative self-starter of an editor to come and in shape it. Working closely with the Zagat leadership team, this editor will play a leading role in the concept and execution of a unique and exciting product.
Zagat was acquired by The Infatuation in 2018, and the brands will operate separately from an editorial perspective.
What You’ll Work On:
- Launching the Zagat Stories site in early 2020
- Editing all site content and sourcing and managing a network of freelance writers
- Working with chefs and people in the restaurant industry to craft compelling first person narratives
- Coordinating with the Zagat operations and marketing teams to distribute content
Who You Are:
- An experienced features editor, editing long-form essays, as-told-tos, and reported packages - you’re an expert at taking stories from concept to copy-editing to publication
- You have experience working on features or interviews with celebrities or notable people and are comfortable navigating the associated world
- You have extensive knowledge of and passion for the world of restaurants and chefs
- You're an entrepreneurial spirit and have a get-things-done attitude - we move fast around here