Social is core to what we do at The Infatuation, and our innovation on various platforms over the past few years has been key to the company's growth. We invented the #EEEEEATS hashtag because we found all other food hashtags embarrassing, and now it's been used over 15 million times. We started doing what we call "Restaurant Review Ride-Alongs" on Instagram Stories, some of which have now been sponsored by brands like BMW. We also operate what is, as far as we can tell, the world's first Instagram Story Network, and also own accounts like @tacos, @pasta, and @burger. We've done all this by out-thinking the competition, challenging the status quo, and simply doing stuff we think is cool, funny, useful, and interesting.
And now we really need someone to run our MySpace page.
Just kidding. We do need someone to run our biggest social media accounts and lead our overall social strategy. Working within our Editorial team, the Social Media Director will oversee the social calendar, collaborate with teams from Partnerships to Marketing to Creative, and work with the team's writers and editors to create best-in-class, innovative social content.
We're looking for someone exceptionally organized, who is also a skilled writer and communicator with an understanding of The Infatuation voice and community. Beyond that, this person should be excited about thinking creatively about how we use our popular social channels to connect with our audience. They should also be an enthusiastic team player - Social touches nearly every part of the company. And to reiterate, organization and process will also be essential - we own and operate dozens of social channels, work with dozens of brand partners, and run large marketing campaigns, and we need to keep things in line. We are only hiring for the Director position right now, but it's likely we'll add to the team within the year.
Applicants should know that The Infatuation is not interested in simply amassing millions and millions of followers using cheap tricks and hacks or photos of rainbow bagels. Our audience trusts us and relies on us, and our commitment is to them above all else. Join us to keep building something awesome. Let's start trends rather than follow them.
- Run and manage our main Instagram account, posting several times a day
- Post to our food accounts several times a month (we own @burger, @tacos, and some others)
- Manage Facebook and Twitter
- Launch new city accounts
- Own the social calendar, including branded content
- Collaborate with Partnerships team to execute paid social campaigns for partners
- Help train new Staff Writers and Editorial Assistants in best practices for Instagram posts and Stories
- Oversee weekend posting process - sending reminders to city Staff Writers and working with our weekend social editor to prepare posts
- Coordinate with our Creative Producer on Instagram Story Network - our series of original Instagram “shows”
- Community management - gather overall sentiment from Facebook, Twitter, IG and responding to/cleaning up direct messages weekly
- 6+ years working in social media, copywriting, community management, or audience development roles. We know this is a quickly-evolving industry, so take the years of experience thing with a grain of salt, but this isn't a position for rookies.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with The Infatuation brand and interest in restaurant discovery.