We’re on a mission to build the world’s greatest restaurant discovery platform, and we’re looking for the right person to launch our next city: The Infatuation Miami. Our Staff Writers eat in restaurants, write about them, and help other people find them - while hopefully entertaining those people along the way.
If your friends constantly ask you where they should go on a third date, or you’re always tasked with picking the restaurant for a group dinner, you might be our Miami Staff Writer. In this role, you would be responsible for the restaurant reviews and neighborhood/situational guides that will power our brand new Miami site. You'd also be working with local photographers, running our Miami Instagram account, and writing our weekly newsletters.
What you won't be doing is going to restaurant openings, interviewing chefs, or writing long-feature stories about how peanut milk is the next big thing. Which means you do not need to have experience as a professional food writer. In fact, we prefer to work with people who don't have ties to the industry. The most important thing is that you know the city and its restaurants - from the newcomers to the longtime classics (and everything in between).
Our Staff Writers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and past experience - previous professional writing experience is not required. You should, however, be someone who enjoys - and is good at - writing, ideally in a way that at least a few people would describe as funny.
You'd be perfect for this role if you:
- Know Miami inside and out. You have strong opinions about what makes this city great.
- Can rattle off a list of your favorite restaurants and bars, explain what you like about them, and tell us why we should drop everything and go to them right now.
- Are familiar with our content, and have ideally used our guides and reviews to find great restaurants in other cities.
- Probably don’t have strong ties to the restaurant industry. Cool if you’ve worked in a restaurant, less cool (for this job) if all your friends are chefs.
- Love to write, and can do so with a sense of humor.
What you'd do in this role:
- Eat and drink. We don’t write about any restaurants or bars that one of our writers hasn’t personally been to. This means you should be excited about the prospect of visiting restaurants on a daily basis.
- Act as the primary writer of reviews and guides for The Infatuation Miami.
- Write and build weekly Infatuation newsletters.
- Work with local photographers to arrange photo shoots.
- Use those photos when you manage The Infatuation Miami’s Instagram account.
- Contribute to The Infatuation Instagram Story Network by doing Restaurant Review Ride-Alongs.
- Help us build and grow The Infatuation's presence in Miami.
- Work closely with our company's experienced editors, writers, marketers, and creatives.
To get an idea of our review style, read through What The Infatuation Looks For In Writers and take a look at these examples from some of our other cities:
Peter Luger Steak House - New York City
Jeong - Chicago
Felix - Los Angeles
Benefits & Perks:
- Subsidized health, vision, and dental care
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K program
- Stock options
- Catered lunch, snacks, cold brew on tap
- Casual, open-office work environment
- Flexible vacation policy - employees are encouraged to take at least 13 vacation days a year