The Infatuation is growing quickly and we’re looking for our next full-time San Francisco Staff Writer. If the idea of eating in restaurants, writing about them, and helping other people discover them is exciting to you, read on.
Professional writing experience is not required, and our Staff Writers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and past experiences. In particular, we’d actually prefer that candidates not have written about food or restaurants specifically, or have close ties to the industry. You should, however, be someone who enjoys - and is good at - writing. And you’ll definitely be the person friends and family and maybe strangers come to when they need restaurant recommendations. In this role, you will be working with a small team of writers and editors as we continue our quest to become the greatest restaurant discovery tool in the world. While also, hopefully, making people laugh in the process.
You'd be perfect for this role if you:
- Know San Francisco inside and out. You have strong opinions about what makes this city great. And insane.
- Can rattle off a list of your favorite restaurants and bars, explain what you like about them, and tell us why we should drop everything and go to them right now.
- Are familiar with our content, and have ideally used our guides and reviews to find great restaurants.
- Probably don’t have strong ties to the restaurant industry. Cool if you’ve worked in a restaurant, less cool (for this job) if all your friends are chefs.
- Love to write, and can do so with a sense of humor.
What you'd do in this role:
- Eat and drink. We don’t write about any restaurants or bars that one of our writers hasn’t personally been to. This means you should be excited about the prospect of visiting restaurants on a daily basis.
- Contribute to The Infatuation's growth in SF by helping us cover more neighborhoods and uncover more great restaurants.
- Write restaurant reviews and guides for The Infatuation's SF site.
- Write newsletters for The Infatuation SF.
- Write social posts for The Infatuation SF Instagram account.
- Contribute to The Infatuation Instagram Story Network by doing Restaurant Review Ride-Alongs.
- Contribute to large-scale editorial projects like The Summer Guide.
- Work with a small, but growing team.
To get an idea of our review style, read through What The Infatuation Looks For In Writers and take a look at the examples below: