In March 2018, The Infatuation acquired Zagat, allowing us to expand our reach and provide users with a variety restaurant recommendations. While The Infatuation will continue to provide editorially-driven restaurant reviews, Zagat will return to its roots. We plan on relaunching Zagat as a community driven, UGC platform that will create a more meaningful alternative to other crowdsourced restaurant reviews. Together, The Infatuation and Zagat will help us achieve our goal of creating the greatest restaurant discovery company that’s ever existed.
As the first dedicated member of Zagat’s marketing team, we’re looking for a seasoned consumer marketer who’s excited to join the front lines of what really is a startup within a startup. You will own the marketing strategy, from ideation through execution. Your responsibilities will include brand positioning, implementing and executing a social, email and events strategy, as well as designing and executing a seven figure go-to market strategy around the relaunch of Zagat. We’re looking for someone not only with big ideas and proven track record, but also who is willing and excited to roll-up their sleeves, get in the weeds and execute on the ground level.
We are looking for candidates with a blend of strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills; creative thinkers with big ideas who also possess strong execution skills. Strong management and leadership skills are also a must, as this role will eventually build out and manage a team of marketers. This is a unique opportunity to own brand strategy around the relaunch of a legacy brand.
- Oversee and manage the design and planning of go-to market strategy for the relaunch of Zagat
- Lead and execute all Zagat marketing efforts, both online (content-driven, dedicated emails, social, digit, etc.) and offline (events, OOH, etc)
- Work with the team and conduct market research to develop strategic positioning and messaging
- Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, events and communication
- Manage and properly allocating the marketing budgets across digital, social, OOH, etc.
- Manage external agency and vendor relationships
- Evaluate/track key metrics and success criteria
- 8-10 years experience
- Demonstrated experience within high-growth, fast-moving start-up environments, particularly in the consumer marketing space
- Experience leading, growing and managing an internal high-performing marketing team
- Proven experience managing and scaling seven figure budgets
- Passionate about creating impactful consumer-centric experiences.
- Strong analytical skills, and understanding how to measure the success of consumer campaigns
- Strong project management and ability to multitask
- A proactive and highly independent self-starter and who works well in a high-growth environment where things change quickly
- Ability to work cross functionally, and possess strong organizational and time management skills