The Infatuation is growing quickly and we’re looking for our next full time London Staff Writer. If the idea of eating in restaurants, writing about them, and helping other people discover them is exciting to you, read on.
To apply for this role you don't need to have had prior professional writing experience, although you should be someone who both enjoys - and is good at - writing, especially about restaurants and food. You'll also probably have a reputation as one of the funniest people in your friendship group. And you'll definitely be the person friends and family come to when they need restaurant recommendations. In this role you will be working with a small team of writers and editors as we continue our quest to become the greatest restaurant discovery tool in the world. While also, hopefully, making people laugh in the process.
You'd be perfect for this role if you:
- Know London inside and out. You can rattle off a list of your favourite restaurants and bars, tell us what it is you like about them, and why we should drop everything and go to them right now. You also have a huge list of spots you've been meaning to visit, but haven't quite made it to yet.
- Have an opinion on our content.
- Probably don’t have strong ties to the restaurant industry. Cool if you’ve worked in a pub, less cool (for this job) if all your friends are chefs.
- Love to write, and can do so with a sense of humour.
What you'd do in this role:
- Work with a tight-knit team in Clerkenwell.
- Write reviews and guides of restaurants for The Infatuation’s London site.
- Contribute to The Infatuation Story Network by doing Restaurant Review Ride-Alongs.
- Contribute to The Infatuation London’s growth by helping us cover more areas and uncover more great restaurants.