We’re excited to be launching The Infatuation Philadelphia in October, and we’re looking for the right person to help us make that happen.
If your friends constantly ask you where they should go on a third date, or you’re always tasked with picking the restaurant for a group dinner - you might be our person. In this role, you’d be writing the restaurant reviews and neighborhood/situational guides (i.e. Where To Go On A Date, Where To Eat In Fishtown, The First Timer’s Guide) that will power our brand new Philly site. You'd also be working with local photographers, running our Philadelphia Instagram account, and writing our weekly newsletters.
What you won't be doing is going to restaurant openings, interviewing chefs, or writing long-feature stories about how peanut milk is the next big thing. (Not only would that stop us from being unbiased, we also don't think those things are a service to our readers. Also, WTF is peanut milk?) Which means you do not need to have experience as a professional food writer. In fact, we prefer to work with people who don't have ties to the industry. The most important thing is that you know the city and its restaurants - from the newcomers to the longtime classics (and everything in between).
You'll work from home (or at some cool coffee shop that you'll probably end up writing about) in Philadelphia, but will work closely with experienced editors at our HQ in New York every day, and you'll also be in touch with our writers and editors all over the country.
What you'll do in this role:
- Act as the primary writer of reviews and guides for The Infatuation Philadelphia
- Write and build weekly Infatuation newsletters
- Work with local photographers to arrange photo shoots
- Use those photos when you manage The Infatuation Philadelphia's Instagram account
- Help us build and grow The Infatuation's presence in Philadelphia
- Work closely with our company's experienced editors, writers, marketers, and creatives
If you're right for this role, you:
- Have deep knowledge of and passion for Philadelphia restaurants and bars
- Enjoy recommending the perfect restaurant for every situation
- Know your way around tons of Philly neighborhoods, and would be psyched to explore more of them
- Love to write
- Are pretty funny - at least some people think so
- Love Philadelphia