Since 2011, THE ICONIC has redefined the future of retail in Australia and New Zealand. As the #1 fashion e-commerce destination in the region, our e-commerce platforms (Retail, Marketplace and Services) provide an inspiring and seamless end-to-end customer experience. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We believe in making a positive difference by bringing on the future of shopping to our customers through the power of fashion, sports, home and beauty.
We are a diverse and dynamic community of over 1,000 people working towards a common goal. This diversity is at the heart of everything we do and gives real meaning to our purpose “To bring on the future of shopping”. This diversity is at the heart of everything we do and gives real meaning in creating a positive impact in the world, from our ethical sourcing and sustainability strategies to our community engagement and diversity.
Our People & Purpose
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. THE ICONIC Buyers source the best brands and research and predict the up-and-coming trends for our customers. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular Buying workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
We are currently on the look out for a Senior Buyer to join our Women's Mainstream team.
- Own and drive multi department strategy, vision and budget planning (Wholesale, MP, Hybrid) in conjunction with Buyers, Planners, Buying Manager and Category Manager
- Must own & buy a strategic or complex department code of significant value.
- Full ownership of trade within one's own department, incl. replenishment, stock swaps, RTS, CAYG in order to hit approved budget
- Owns and guides junior buyers and buyers to purchase the most relevant range for the desired customer
- Identifies and implements best practices in buying principles and ability to scale departments in a profitable manner
- Actively contributes to brand acquisition or creation strategy supporting buyer/ BM / CM as required by identifying new potential brands
- Completes and supports all facets of contract negotiations with new potential brands
- Full understanding of onboarding procedure and contracts and help team to complete
- Supports and develops own relationships with internal key stakeholders
- Present monthly forecast to senior management interpreting performance using a detailed understanding of the WSSI and key levers of trade within department in collaboration with planner
- Accountable for intake and OTB management to identify opportunities, flag risk with BM/CM/Planner
- Effectively manages brand relationships with strategic and profitable outcomes
- Constantly challenges the status quo to drive efficiency and improvement in processes
- Uses clear customer focus to identify opportunities for improvements/ expansion to the customer onsite experience
- Works with key stakeholders to ensure customer persona alignment to execute a well-rounded offer
- Local and international market, trend and competitor knowledge relevant to the ANZ market
- Identifies promotion/marketing opportunities for the division in order to drive sales and provide a competitive and exciting retail experience for the customer
- Plans and signs off buyership ranges in conjunction with planner in terms of lifecycle, stock management, phasing and margin, etc
- Is fully aware of any product legal requirements and ensures all relevant labelling is correct and present
- Conducts SWOT analysis leading to strategy reviews which is able to succinctly be presented to senior management
- Manages and leads junior team members
- Motivates and supports other members of the division
- On top of your main roles and responsibilities, if any team deadlines are not being met, you will be required to step in and help carry out any tasks as required by the business.
- Ideally you will have previous experience as a Senior Buyer working in high volume business
- Skilled in Excel reporting (including pivot tables and v-look ups)
- Strong communication skills with a great eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills
- A strong team player who embodies our ICONIC Principles
- A love for all things FASHION
Life at THE ICONIC
From our ways of working to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! People are our greatest asset and our ICONITE experience is designed to empower you to do your best work. Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- Flexible working. We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons, EdCast and access to LinkedIn Learning and Udemy
- Parents at THE ICONIC. Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher to treat yourself
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
- Furry friend. We are a dog friendly office for anyone who wants to bring their fur baby to work.
- Refer a friend. Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully referring someone to THE ICONIC!
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: email@example.com