At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. THE ICONIC Buyers source the best brands and research and predict the up-and-coming trends for our customers. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular Buying workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
We are currently on the look out for a Junior Buyer to join our Women's Own Brand Designer team.
- Product and design development in line with brand strategy, end use and target customer persona
- Select, develop, and source fabrications, colours, trims etc
- Briefing of Tech packs / development to GT
- Establishes sourcing, fabric and print direction by visiting the relevant markets/shows/fairs and print/fabric houses
- Regularly attends fit sessions and uses technical ability to ensure best fit is achieved and approve final samples with GT
- Approve all details of final product in line with original design brief
- Negotiate contracts to meet company targets
- Sourcing and onboarding of new domestic and o/seas suppliers
- Follow JIRA process for new vendor onboarding
- Maintain strong, commercial supplier relationships with regular communication.
- Cost price negotiations, approvals and intake margin management
- Understands the manufacturing structure of the supplier’s business in order to recognise cost opportunities
- Manage department OTB and maintain an accurate brand plan
- Full visibility on committed and forecast OTB.
- Manage department intake to hit weekly, monthly & seasonal forecast closing stock targets
- Overseeing critical path from product conception to delivery to FC
- Monthly sign off presentation to Planners/BM
- Analyse and present weekly trade with actions
- Analyse and present in monthly SWOTS prior to WSSI reforecast with actions
- Seasonal SWOT presented to key stakeholders
- Strategy & Vision seasonal/yearly memo presented to key stakeholders
- Always on trend analysis, reviewing brand and category shifts and action accordingly
- Seasonal Trend research and planning
- Seasonal trend presentation in collaboration with Creative and shared with teams
- Complete Seasonal/Yearly BUB with planning team
- Identify potential white spots and strategy for new PL brands / categories.
- Manage direct reports to execute KPIs.
- Create and maintain individual PDP for direct reports
- Understand, share & execute OKRs with the team
- Act as a change manager for new tools & processes
- Build collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders in Marketing, creative, Tech, VM, FC
- Assist team to ensure business critical task deadlines are met
- Conduct consistent local and internet market research
- Identify product & trends relevant to customer segment
- Monitor social media and market activity and offers suggestions and opinions to the buyer
- On top of your main roles and responsibilities, if any team deadlines are not being met, you will be required to step in and help carry out any tasks as required by the business
- Must have Junior Buyer and Product development/Own Brand experience in a multi-brand fashion/retail environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Thrive on building successful and long term business relationships
- You're naturally inquisitive with a love for numbers and a strong understanding of how to review and report using Excel
- A passion for retail! You’re a trend enthusiast and love all things fashion!
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Fun, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days and learning tools
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our AMAZING staff discount and our famous sample sales!
- Hybrid working environment so you can manage your location across the office and wherever else works for you
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible we are transitioning to in-office interviews and onboarding for all new starters. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.