At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty, Home and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Planners are an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love products. They analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers.
About the Role
- Communicates confidently with senior management, respectfully challenging when required
- Uses their influence and knowledge to drive department growth
- Effectively manages prioritization of own and direct team’s workload during peak planning periods
- Strives for continuous improvement in own department, whether it be processes, systems or tools
- Is comfortable in all situations, taking challenges in their stride
- Drives the department strategy and contributes to the wider segment strategy
- Develops a mid to long term strategic view to drive growth and profit for the department
- Manages all aspects the new season strategy, ensuring a comprehensive strategy pack backed by a solid financial plan is delivered and implemented
- Suggests actions to take based on potential future concerns, either based on economic or social trends
- Anticipates Planning Managers needs and prepares documentation, analysis or responses ahead of time
- Works closely with the Planning Manager and Buyers to maximize profit for the season
- Monitors all facets of the department, implements plans for any underperforming categories and brands and identifies ways to potentialise opportunities
- Proposes marketing campaigns to the planning manager ensuring promotional activity delivers the best possible outcome, retaining margin
- Collaborates cross departmentally, establishing strong relationships with other Category Management departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen department’s position
- Works cross-functionally, establishing strong relationships with key departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen department’s position
- Challenges, develops and inspires their direct reports. Keeps calm in the face of challenges and retains a positive demeanor
- Demonstrates strong communication and management skills, ensures deadlines are met and their direct reports have a clear understanding of what is required of them at all times
- Embraces and drives positive change across the department
- Deputises for Planning Manager in their absence
- Ensures training and development needs for their direct reports are met
- Embodies THE ICONIC values and refers to the values when setting goals and KPIs for their direct reports.
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Fun, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days and learning tools
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our AMAZING staff discount and our famous sample sales!
- Hybrid working environment so you can manage your location across the office and wherever else works for you
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for new starters on day one. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.