Our Product Team is driven by innovation. Within our agile cross-functional teams, every person has a voice and skills which contribute to the development of amazing products that our customers use every day.
Our design team works to continually discover, ideate and learn about a problem and the user it impacts. The team is constantly learning from and evolving a solution, designing iteratively to reach a better, best-in-class user experience with each design.
What you will do
- You will be a member of the design team working on the Migration squad alongside a Senior UI designer. The Migration squad’s mission is to pioneer the modernisation of THE ICONIC’s technical stack as we move from Angular to React.
- You will evaluate, refresh, and redesign components, to help create experiences that are clear, predictable, delightful, and that fully express THE ICONIC brand.
- You will help refine existing designs, build a comprehensive, token based component library while working with developers to define & document individual components in detail. You will also be working in close collaboration with our Senior UI designer on building a design system in Figma and ZeroHeight.
- You will be involved in discussions about design changes with the aim of enabling a smooth transition onto the new design system and stack for the other squads, helping with adoption of best practices and patterns that have been defined.
A bit about you
- You actively grow and share your knowledge of best practice interaction design and visual design for digital experiences.
- You enjoy collaborating as part of a team helping to navigate ambiguity, and negotiate decisions.
- You work closely with UX designers, front end developers, and product owners to understand and meet customer and user needs, as well as the technical needs of the Migration program.
- You enjoy detail oriented work, such as working on the rules of components across different scenarios and edge cases, and translating this into documentation.
- You have technical knowledge and appreciation of coding fundamentals.
- You enjoy taking an active role in contributing to our design culture and practises.
- You are well versed in agile practises and scrum, enjoy working in an agile team, and can work within a cross-functional agile delivery environment.
Here’s what you need to set you off on an ICONIC Journey
- 4+ years experience working with a component library or design system
- Extensive experience in documentation for component libraries or detailed developer handoff
- 4+ years experience User interface design and prototyping of responsive applications for web, both mobile & desktop, and native Android and iOS.
- Experience working directly and closely with Developers and Product Owners in an agile team.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and principles.
- Education or training in Visual Design, Visual Communication, Interaction Design, Human-Computer-interaction, Industrial Design, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A portfolio that showcases your command of visual and UI design fundamentals, understanding of usability considerations, attentiveness to brand principles, UX and interaction design guidelines.
Here’s some extra things you may bring to the table
- Native iOS and Android pattern design know-how
- In-house or agency experience on a large-scale redesign project.
- Designing animation and motion into digital experiences.
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Feel free to skip the commute and work from home. On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and learning bank
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
- Feel supported beyond your day job with flexible hours, part time, paid parental leave, additional personal leave, family friendly workplace, first day of school off, birthday leave
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org