Senior Data Engineer (Remote Working Opportunity)
THE ICONIC Tech is driven by innovation and quality is highly valued. We look for Data Engineers who can work with data at scale! Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting our site each month, the volume of data is large. As a Data Engineer, you will get hands-on experience in all facets of the data that we collect. At THE ICONIC, you will learn every day.
You will work alongside skilled and collaborative team members as we transform our data infrastructure. Data is crucial to us at THE ICONIC and underpins our decisions, and the Data Engineers ensure that this is available to all facets of the business. We value inclusivity where everyone has a voice and wants to contribute to our innovation culture. And yes, we have amazing employee discounts to shop on THE ICONIC!
Key tech / data you’ll play with in this role or awesome things you’ll do:
- Both AWS and GCP
- Redshift, BigQuery and SQL Server
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Airflow, Cloud Composer and Pentaho
- Cloud Dataflow/Apache Beam
- High velocity streaming data, behavioural data and well as structured and unstructured data
What you’ll do
- Developing and supporting our enterprise data warehouses, analytical databases and infrastructure
- Work with the team to re-platform our existing data architecture to next generation tooling and architecture
- Build/Maintain our data pipelines in Python and SQL to ensure that data is delivered in a timely manner
- Work closely with our Data Scientists and Data Analysts to implement new insights and statistical models
- Assist in developing tools/processes to enable our business to self serve
Key learning opportunities to help you grow
- Learning and Hackathon days as well as access to THE ICONIC Learning Bank to accelerate your own learning
- Work alongside subject matter experts and across our dynamic business
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- DevOps/CICD/ Terraform
- Strong Python and SQL coding skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience with data modelling and complex ETL solutions
If you have these skills also, it would be a plus:
- Cloud experience
Life at THE ICONIC.
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it!