Senior Data Scientist
At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Data Science & Analytics team works to solve complex problems on some of the most sophisticated algorithms to propel our business forward as their insights feed into our decision making. The team is curious, value individual contributions and enjoy learning from each other.
You will be working in an agile environment providing data science and data analytics to support THE ICONIC as a leader in the online retail space.
At THE ICONIC, Data Scientists solve business problems which have a direct impact on customers and the business. These problems include:
- Channel Attribution
- Predictive Customer Lifetime Sales
- Demand Supply Model
While solving these problems, Data Scientists will:
- Work with large streaming datasets to gain insights, train predictive models and measure results.
- Be involved in the full product life cycle.
- Develop scalable and innovative ML solutions.
- Collaborate with the data team, reviewing solutions, sharing knowledge and improving coding standards.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to gain a complete understanding of the problem to be solved.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and budget.
- Ensure documentation of ADR and proposed solutions.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- 3+ years experience in Python
- 3+ years experience in statistical modelling
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience of building scalable machine learning models
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language
- Strong ability to craft raw data and analysis into well-written content, and translating insights into decisions and actions that have a direct business impact
- Experience in producing visualizations to make analytics accessible to all
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields or business stakeholders
- Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Decision Science, Mathematics, Information Management or other relevant technical field or equivalent work experience
Experience with the following a plus
- GCP or AWS
- Retail and/or Online Retail
- Web analytics/Product analytics experience
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
- Familiarity with A/B testing methodology
- Experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methods in the commercial world
Life at THE ICONIC...
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular Hack Days (hack your own projects at work)
- Host & attend monthly meetups (typescript & Sydney PHP)
- Regular Tech Learning Days & access to THE ICONIC Learning Bank (a suite of tools and funds to accelerate your own learning)
- Work alongside subject matter experts/industry thought leaders
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: email@example.com