Our Fulfilment Centre (FC) Operations team supports four core departments – Inventory, Outbound, Inbound and Marketplace – operating around the clock to ensure our customers receive their products in great condition and quickly. Our FC is equipped with active pick towers and our Automated Storage & Retrieval System (ASRS – amazing automated warehousing technology).
We’re now looking for a highly experienced and capable Outbound Operations Manager to join our ICONIC Leadership Team. Based in Yennora, South West Sydney 2161, you will be directly responsible for the entire Outbound function which is split across 2 key shifts, with a headcount of 200+ team members. In addition to managing our Outbound department, you will also lead the management of our Automated Storage & Retrieval System (ASRS – our amazing automated warehousing technology).
- Owns and delivers the operational budget for functional area, including safety, productivity, financial and labour planning, and operational goals for outbound, or inbound operations
- Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning (3, 6, and 12 months out) including labour planning, rate forecasting, and peak season planning
- Drives continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives.
- Effectively leverages the Operations FC Leaders to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges within the Fulfilment Centre.
- Networks with other leaders cross functionally within Operations and the greater business to solicit and share process improvements and drive efficiencies and cost savings.
- Establishes objectives and metrics for safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience
- Sets clear goals and expectations for the leadership team within Outbound
- Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds leaders accountable
- Participates in recruiting to identify and evaluate staff and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire
- Works closely with support staff (P&C, Delivery Experience, Finance, Facilities, Operational excellence, Tech, Trade and CM to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 5yrs experience in a FMCG or fast based environment
- Direct people management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production, distribution, or logistics environment.
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean methodologies
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Experience with automation within an operations environment
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org