A bit about us
At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It's time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and - as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty and more - we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
We are a highly motivated team, a high-performing bunch, driven by innovation to create awesome shopping experiences for our customers. Every person in tech has a voice and we find that our best products are achieved through collaboration.
Our skills and experience are diverse, allowing for collaboration and constant learning. All of our teams are cross-functional, mission-driven and able to iterate from inception to production (DevOps mentality) without being blocked or having to ask permission from other teams. We love to move fast and validate learning using data (lucky for us our Data Science & Analytics team is also world-class!)
A bit about the role
As Head of Internal Product at THE ICONIC, you will inspire our Internal Product team to strengthen and simplify our operating model with technology leading to improvements in customer experience, brand partner experience, and business profitability. A critical part of this role is to possess the vision, skills and experience to define a clear internal product strategy and roadmap to guide the business and Product Engineering through to successful delivery of scope.
Your work will encompass innovative solutions like bespoke Android Apps for operations staff, data science algorithms for process optimisation, and robotics in our ASRS (automated storage and retrieval system).
This is an exciting role. We are a growing business in a growing industry. But we’re not just growing, we’re evolving too. We’re entering new markets, creating new experiences, and pushing the boundaries like never before. This role is at the heart of it all.
Let’s talk about you
We don’t ask for much. Just four simple things:
- People leadership. People are our strongest asset, and a critical part of this role is to guide and lead a product team at scale. You will help with personal career growth through positive leadership, quality mentoring and skilled guidance.
- The product roadmap. You will inspire your team and stakeholders every day to reimagine online retail in Australia and deliver a world class customer experience. You are business and technical savvy; you have a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Stakeholder management. Product is the nexus between those who need change, and those who deliver it. So the ability to articulate the strategy and influence stakeholders is vital.
- Proven hands-on product prowess. We believe in getting things done. And that often means leading by example and bringing others on the journey.
If this sounds like you, then we want to talk!
- You are passionate about delivering empowering tech to drive a simple and efficient business model, matched with the ability to methodically break down an operating model into its component parts and get it humming
- You are experienced with internal platforms
- You have a broad, but also deep skillset with hands-on experience in the key facets of Product Management
- You understand how user experience, frontend and backend systems, business processes, data and product features all fit together to deliver value for customers and the business
Here’s what you’ll need to set you off on an ICONIC journey
- Experience in creating and owning an end-to-end internal or B2B product strategy and accompanying roadmap
- A deep understanding of retail operations and category management
- Experience leading, mentoring, and developing PMs, and building structure for teams to improve their processes and outcomes
- Extensive experience in product strategy at a consumer tech/e-commerce company
- Experience in taking a product from strategy, through to initial idea, implementation, support and continuous improvement
- Experience mapping processes and operating models
And a few extra things you may bring to the table
- Experience with ERPs, WMSs, OMSs and CRMs
- Financial analysis - cost, revenue, ROI
- UX design
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Feel free to skip the commute and work from home. On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and learning bank
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sale
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
- Feel supported beyond your day job with flexible hours, part time, paid parental leave, additional personal leave, family friendly workplace, first day of school off, birthday leave
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org