At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
You’ll be working with both our Security as well as our Engineering teams! Our Security team is THE ICONIC's collective shield who protect our business and customers. They are vigilant, knowledgeable and determined to stay ahead of any would-be disruptor. Our engineering team is a group of inquisitive, mission-driven innovators. They work in a live environment, applying their diverse skills, experience and expertise in a collaborative environment to deliver a seamless and inspiring shopping experience to our customers. This team can solve problems at scale!
What does success look like?
This a 12 month max term contract. In this role you will be partnering with our Engineering & Security team to deliver on a number of important system update and design projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate complex architectural and technical problems
- Familiarity with agile and lean software development
- Software Architecture - Familiar with SOLID principles
- Security-first mindset
- APIs - RESTful API familiarity
- 2+ years experience unit testing frameworks such as PHPUnit, Jest
- 2+ years experience deploying solutions on AWS
Experience with the following a plus
- Docker in production powered by Kubernetes
- Industry security standards e.g. NIST, MITRE ATT&CK
- Data privacy protection e.g. The Privacy Act, GDPR
Location and Key Extras
This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.