At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Planners are an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love products. They analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers.
About the Role
- Communicates confidently with senior management, respectfully challenging when required
- Uses their influence and knowledge to drive department growth
- Effectively manages prioritization of own and direct team’s workload during peak planning periods
- Strives for continuous improvement in own department, whether it be processes, systems or tools
- Is comfortable in all situations, taking challenges in their stride
- Drives the department strategy and contributes to the wider segment strategy
- Develops a mid to long term strategic view to drive growth and profit for the department
- Manages all aspects the new season strategy, ensuring a comprehensive strategy pack backed by a solid financial plan is delivered and implemented
- Suggests actions to take based on potential future concerns, either based on economic or social trends
- Anticipates Planning Managers needs and prepares documentation, analysis or responses ahead of time
- Works closely with the Planning Manager and Buyers to maximize profit for the season
- Monitors all facets of the department, implements plans for any underperforming categories and brands and identifies ways to potentialise opportunities
- Proposes marketing campaigns to the planning manager ensuring promotional activity delivers the best possible outcome, retaining margin
- Collaborates cross departmentally, establishing strong relationships with other Category Management departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen department’s position
- Works cross-functionally, establishing strong relationships with key departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen department’s position
- Challenges, develops and inspires their direct reports. Keeps calm in the face of challenges and retains a positive demeanor
- Demonstrates strong communication and management skills, ensures deadlines are met and their direct reports have a clear understanding of what is required of them at all times
- Embraces and drives positive change across the department
- Deputises for Planning Manager in their absence
- Ensures training and development needs for their direct reports are met
- Embodies THE ICONIC values and refers to the values when setting goals and KPIs for their direct reports.
Location and Key Extras
This role is usually based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.