At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Tech Team is driven by innovation. Within our agile cross-functional teams, every person has a voice and skills which contribute to the development of amazing products that our customers use every day. They are focused on being fast and creative to bring the best technology to our customers, moving fast to push through MVPs and learn from data insights.
Our engineering team is a group of inquisitive, mission-driven innovators. They work in a live environment, applying their diverse skills, experience and expertise in a collaborative environment to deliver a seamless and inspiring shopping experience to our customers. This team can solve problems at scale!
In this role you will be part of our internal technical teams, supporting operational areas in our large e-commerce business. This means working closely with stakeholders to solve real-world business problems, so you will be driven to engage deeply with the tech and operational teams to define and enable the best tech solutions. In doing this you will develop skills beyond pure coding and grow into seasoned senior and be a key voice in development for the business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate complex architectural and technical problems
- Familiarity with agile and lean software development
- Software Architecture - Understanding of SOLID principles
- Integrating with RESTful APIs
- Building high performance/responsive user interfaces using benchmarking software (Lighthouse, etc.)
- Expert in building frontend applications with React, Redux or Mobx
- Experience unit testing frameworks - e.g. Jest
Additional Experience would be an advantage;
- Web Components
- Bundlers e.g. webpack, Parcel
- APIs - RESTful API design
- Familiarity with frontend frameworks Vue.js or Angular
- Performing integration tests on user interfaces using tools like Cypress
- You will be a curious skilled software engineer who demonstrates initiative to dig deep and find creative ways to help stakeholders and use value-oriented tech.
- You enjoy working with teams and have strong communication skills to communicate effectively across the business, and can comfortably deal with ambiguity and remote working.
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: email@example.com
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.