At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Engineers at THE ICONIC love to solve problems at scale. Our systems handle massive amounts of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting theiconic.com.au each month, it’s guaranteed that your work will positively impact customers
Responsibility as a Senior Software Engineer
You will be a curious skilled software engineer who demonstrates initiative to dig deep and find creative ways to help stakeholders and use value-oriented tech. You enjoy working with teams and have strong communication skills to communicate effectively across the business, and can comfortably deal with ambiguity and remote working.
What does success look like?
In this role you will be part of our internal technical teams, supporting operational areas in our large e-commerce business. This means working closely with stakeholders to solve real-world business problems, so you will be driven to engage deeply with the tech and operational teams to define and enable the best tech solutions. In doing this you will develop skills beyond pure coding and grow into seasoned senior and be a key voice in development for the business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate complex architectural and technical problems
- Familiarity with agile and lean software development
- Software Architecture - Understanding of SOLID principles
- Integrating with RESTful APIs
- Building high performance/responsive user interfaces using benchmarking software (Lighthouse, etc.)
- Expert in building frontend applications with React, Redux or Mobx
- Experience unit testing frameworks - e.g. Jest
Bonus Experience, extra points if you have these
- Web Components
- Bundlers e.g. webpack, Parcel
- APIs - RESTful API design
- Familiarity with frontend frameworks Vue.js or Angular
- Performing integration tests on user interfaces using tools like Cypress
Location & Extras
This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! Our huge Fulfilment Centre is based in Yennora, Western Sydney and has a neat new office to work out of at times.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.