At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Tech Team is driven by innovation. Within our agile cross-functional teams, every person has a voice and skills which contribute to the development of amazing products that our customers use every day. They are focused on being fast and creative to bring the best technology to our customers, moving fast to push through MVPs and learn from data insights.
We have an amazing Data team covering Data Science & Analytics and Data Engineering, who are excited about the power of data, work closely together, support each other and who are capable of stepping up to any challenge. Our Data Science & Analytics crew works to solve complex problems on some of the most sophisticated algorithms to propel our business forward as their insights feed into our decision making; and our Data Engineering crew architect, build and maintain our business data architecture which makes up to date, high quality, high integrity, secured data available to internal stakeholders to support critical data-driven decision making.
The team is curious, value individual contributions and enjoy learning from each other!
What does success looks like in this role?
There are Four key pillars for success in this role:
- Effective People Leadership to guide and lead a data team at scale and help with personal career growth through positive leadership, quality mentoring and skilled guidance
- Strategic vision, skills and experience to define a business data architecture end-state and guide the business and data team through to successful delivery
- Stakeholder management to disseminate what data can achieve and how senior stakeholders and other parts of the business think about approaching data
- Hands-on Technical Prowess because although we have a relatively large team, you may have to jump into work on a live problem, and support current members with solving their algorithm/analysis roadblocks
Tech you will be working with, and what you’ll need to know:
This is not a hands on role, however you must come from a strong hands on background.
- SQL Server, BI/Analytics, ETL/EL, DBA and extensive data munging operations in all of them
- Current stack includes AWS (RedShift), GCP (BigQuery), SQL Server Analysis Services, Airflow, RStudio Server, Superset and Pentaho
- Python/R ideal however not essential
What it takes! About you….
You will need to come from a strategic business data architecture / big data / DBA / data engineering / high volume data background as your focus will be on strategic business wide data architecture and stakeholder management. Additionally, you will need to have:
- Exceptional People Leader with 3+ years in a similar role
- 10+ years in the data field, including cloud data exposure and business data architecture ownership
- Demonstrated ability to influence, establish and maintain strong relationships with executive leadership team
- Possess immaculate presentation skills to be able to clearly communicate business data strategy to all audience levels, both internal and external
- Proven experience in ecosystem data monetisation strategies
- Skills and experience in setting a clear company data vision and defining a path towards that vision in terms of development, resource use, infrastructure, process and cost management
- Able to guide and lead a data team at scale and help them grow into a more robust team following best practice
- Experience with diverse problem areas like discrete optimisation, forecasting and deep learning
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on expertise with data at volume, SQL Server and cloud data platforms
- Experience delivering and managing visual data deliverables like dashboards, funnels
- Capability to run and facilitate data governance sessions that cut across all areas and bring them together
- Result-oriented, positive work ethic, collaborative and people-oriented mindset
- Experience with building predictive models and translating them for real-world business problems would be a plus!
Location and Key Extras
This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.