THE ICONIC is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known throughout Australia by connecting shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC stands for benchmark-setting customer experiences (3 hour delivery, access to over 1000 top brands, market-leading shopping app), for impassioned communities (connecting Australians fashion and sports lovers through digital innovation), and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 1000+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire Australians and New Zealanders to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
We are looking for someone to run a team of amazing Product Owners who drive the development of internal technology for our staff. The mission of this team is to use technology to innovate around how THE ICONIC works. We partner and embed with our departments to uncover requirements, create new products and features, launch new platforms, and improve the way these departments operate. Our goal is to provide tech to create better experiences for staff, help them make better decisions, help us scale (we’re growing fast!), save money, move quicker, reduce risk, and help THE ICONIC’s sustainability goals.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about developing a team with a growth mindset and has experience with applying technology solutions to business problems within a product management capacity. You will need experience in managing a diverse range of stakeholders and empowering your team to sensibly prioritise what we should work on as we scale the business.
What does this role involve? You will...
- Manage a team that is responsible for the product strategy & roadmap for our existing and future internal applications and platforms which service different parts of THE ICONIC: Category Management (Retail Buyers and Planners), Finance, Fulfilment Centre, Studios, Customer Service, People and Culture, Vendor Management, and Marketplace Operations.
- Make sure we have the right processes and frameworks in place that align the team in how to get things done.
- Make sure that the team have growth and development plans and are getting the feedback and coaching that they need to excel.
- Make sure our internal application feature development is prioritised appropriately.
- Be close to internal user needs and understand their pain points.
- Ensure requirements are gathered accurately and that stakeholders have transparency on what features and processes are changing and why.
- Evolve our internal applications to become more efficient and stable, and are constantly iterating to meet user needs.
- Be fully responsible for the smooth operation, quality and maintenance of these applications.
- Use agile and lean methodologies to get things done and drive maturity in these areas.
- Balance business needs with user needs and process requirements when making priority decisions.
- Be able to facilitate decision making at the executive level on the best approach for introducing new platforms into the business eg. decide if we build, buy, partner for a new application.
- Be an evangelist for our business applications internally - make sure our teams around the business have a clear understanding of what’s coming and what is being launched.
- Be comfortable in a highly visible role within the organisation that is accountable for a large budget.
Who Are We Looking For?
This is a role for an independent, strategically-minded technology leader. You will have demonstrated experience in nurturing a team and in delivering technology systems.
- Proven experience in a senior product management (or similar) role while managing a team, ideally working on internal products and platforms but you may come from a B2B background.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: adaptable, pragmatic, proactive, hands-on, strategic and analytical
- Understanding of the principles of lean methodologies with examples for how they can be applied to Internal products.
- Comfortable, calm, and resilient in a fast paced environment.
- Strong background in establishing and running agile teams.
- Experience and good understanding of operational systems such as PIM, ERP, WMS, CRM, data warehouse, BI tools.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Must be organized and have a growth mindset, energetic approach and self-motivation are all essential.
We are located in the heart of Sydney with great transport, shopping and food district in easy walking distance along with Hyde Park 2 minutes away for those lunchtime walks, runs or just some fresh air with colleagues. Our Fulfilment Centre is in Yennora, Western Sydney.